Blush Blush!

Emily’s POV

My eyes jolt open as I feel my body start to ache with the transformation. Soon my rubbery awkward feet change in to my long beautiful legs and my ugly feathers fall from my wings as my delicate hands form and my neck retracts. Soon I’m standing naked shivering in the cool morning air but in my body. I move to the bush and grab a hold of the box opening it up I find a white sleeping gown, a silk robe and a clean towel. I frown but slide the gown on and I am assuming the towel is to wipe off the dirt if any from my face. I slide on the silk fuchsia pink robe just in time to catch a maid rushing in to the garden.

“Princess I have come to pick you up… like your father ordered also you forgot your slippers” She said putting them down at my feet and I slide them on.

“Thank you… what’s your name?” I ask eyeing her suspiciously I have no recollection of who she is.

“It’s Allie but you may call me what you wish princess” She does a low curtsy for which I’m surprise.

“No need for formalities, so don’t curtsy or calling me princess just Emily is fine” I say nodding. “Did my father tell you why I come to the garden?” I ask curiously at his lie.

“He said you liked to wake up early and go for walks… and the garden is similar to the one at our castle so…” She trailed off awkwardly.

“That’s right I also like sunrises and sunsets would you mind guiding me to my room I have no idea how I made it here” I say with an apologetic shrug.

“Oh yes right this way prin-Emily” she corrected her self as she began guiding me to my room.

“Thank you… do you think you could heat me up a bath?” I ask trying hard to remember the path first we turned left then straight for a few doors then right then… I got confused; this is why I would rather live in a smaller castle.

“I will as soon as we are in your room Emily” she says with a smile as she opens the door and bows slightly letting me enter first.

The room was spectacular it was pretty much what I had at home but way more decorated. I wasn’t sure if that was a good or bad thing.

I sat at vanity staring at my self in the mirror I looked so tiered. I grabbed my hair brush and to straighten my crazy hair and a few stupid white feathers fall out. Then I stop sniffing the air it smelled like strawberries my favorites. I turn to a small table and a silver platter was laid out with a mountain of strawberries the green leafs were all removed and I could tell they had been washed thoroughly.

“Allie?” I call out to her as I pick up a strawberries and walk towards the bathroom she quickly scrambles out and stands in front of me.

“Did you do this?” I ask in shock.

“I heard you liked strawberries… I’m sorry Princess Emily” Allie says looking down at the ground as if she did something wrong.

“Oh no no I do love them I was just… very surprise I mean there are so many and well I didn’t expect them thank you I’m very happy and… since there are so many please feel free to take as many as you like and I do mean as many” I say softly and then I eat it letting out a satisfied “Hmm”

“I will thank you Emily and the bath is ready… I will have an outfit ready for you” She assured me cheerfully.

I undress and lay in the large tube the water was scented with jasmine oil. I let it relax me as the dirt is washed away. When I open my eyes I spot Allie she had left the door open incase I needed something. She was probably only a few years younger then me it was strange that she got this job. I wondered if my father brought her because she knew nothing about me… well aside from what she probably heard. I would think that it would also be the effort she seemed to put in to her job. I saw her frantically trying to take a few dresses and matching shoes and god knows what else for me.