Secrets secrets

Sorry I took so long to update! <3 hope you guys like this part! :D 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Emily POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What’s wrong princess? Is the food not to your liking?” Nolan asks as he gives a wave of his hand to bring over a staff.

“No no the food is fine I’m just wondering… where everyone else is” I ask looking around surely they wouldn’t make so much food for two people. Back in my castle we eat breakfast and dinner as a family; always. Even though many opposed it we let the staff join us at meal time we feel it help our people maintain their loyalty.

“It’s just us two” he smirks but I can see a flash of hurt go through his eyes. Keeping emotions in check was something that was taught to all royalty. Whether we followed in using that ability or not was a whole another thing.

 “Oh… well they didn’t have to make so much food” I whispered softly. I put some pancakes and top them off with strawberries and then proceeded to add a small portion of sausages and eggs in my plate. It was very unlady like for me to eat anything but fruit. But I didn’t usually follow the rules, father often allowed me to eat anything I pleased and I wasn’t about to change that.

“I like your choice in food” he smirked and put just about the same of things in his plate but double. “I will let my staff know to make less and to check with us an hour before a meal time.”

“Thank you Prince Nolan” I say blushing as I speak politely.

“Nolan just Nolan” he says a little agitated as he points his fork at me. Very ungentlemanly like but I’ve notice he lacked those qualities.

“Will you allow the staff to take some of this food?” I ask quietly knowing that sometimes royals and higher-ups would rather feed the left-overs to the animals then let the staff take it.

“Sure why not” Nolan says with a shrug as he begins to pay more attention to his food on his plate rather than me. While he eats I kept my eyes on him he seemed… different. I guess when his mouth was too full to say indecencies he was actually a decent person.

It was hard not to notice how majestic his features were his lashes were long and glossy like his hair but they curled up just right to have the envy of every girl. His jaw line was strong fit for a king and his nose was straight and perfect his overall facial symmetry was the kind only written about in books. It was no wonder he was able to bed a new girl every night. Unfortunately for me and other female candidates we didn’t have much to choose from.  It was hard to hear but females often ended up with males much older than them selves. Although that was common I still thought it was disgusting to bed a male the age of my father.  

I should be, in a sense happy, that at least my fiancé was good looking. If it weren’t for my predicament perhaps I could have over looked his boyish ways. After all my father did say he was a player in till the end of his first year of marriage. That’s how it goes sometimes he would tell me. I’ve always wanted to marry someone whom I fell in love with. Unfortunately for me the course requires it to be true love and I don’t know if learning to love is the same as true love.

“What’s wrong?” Nolan asked looking up as he began to pile on food for a second plate. “You hardly touched your food.”