Sighing, he saw her come ahead and turn towards the living room. He quietly and slowly came behind her the moment she froze in the doorway, her eyes widened and jaw practically hitting the floor.

Raking an arm around her waist, he pulled her close when he was right behind her. He leaned in to whisper in her hear, "Happy one year anniversary, babe."

Gradually, he saw her unfroze. She blinked the tears away and a sweet smile lit her face, her eyes shining brightly with love and admiration.

"Y- you remember," she swallowed after turning around to face him.

Wiping the tear that fell down her cheek, he nodded matching her smile, "Obviously, I remember."

Then, to lighten the atmosphere he joked, pouting childishly, "When will you stop thinking so low of me, babe? I'm your husband after all."

Despite the roll of her eyes, her lips twitched up into a smile. All the worry and doubt she had, all the betrayal she felt was gone, just in a matter of seconds. She knew Aaron loved her. It shone bright in his eyes. She could feel it. She felt safe in his arms. She felt as if the world didn't exist when they were together. She didn't feel the need to ask him anymore questions. She didn't feel the need to doubt him anymore. This little gesture erased all her suspicion. It made her believe he still loved her. She could see it in his eyes. It was crystal clear, his love for Amy.

Aaron kissed her forehead and led her to the coffee table where the cake and a bouquet of red roses sat surrounded by a bunch of scented candles.

"I love it," she told him. Aaron admired how happy she felt right now. He took pride in the fact that he was the cause of her happiness. But he could tell something was still bothering her. So, without any hesitation, he started talking.

"I didn't cheat on you," he spoke looking at her, "I wasn't with my friends but I didn't cheat on you."

He saw Amy sighing and closing her eyes. He saw a lone tear escaping her eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to doubt me. But I love you, Amy. And I will, always. I didn't go behind your back. I didn't sleep with anyone. I will never," he continued.

"Not when I have a beautiful wife at home, waiting for me to have dinner with. A wife who cooks me scrumptious food and give me massages. A person who cheats on such a wife will be a stupid jerk, you know," he joked again, causing a chuckle to escape Amy's lips.

Finally. He sighed. He will give anything to make her laugh. It was his favourite sound. Her soft giggles and laughs.

Cupping her face, he turned her towards himself. Their eyes locked and a spark flew between them.

"I trust you," Amy assured him, "Even though you didn't tell me where you were." And that was what he wanted. Her trust. Her reassurance. It meant the world to him.

"You'll know soon," he replied and did the only thing he could. The only thing he wanted. He smashed his lips on hers, kissing her with all his might, pouring all the love he had for her.

"I have another thing for you," he spoke after breaking the kiss, his sound still breathless.

"What is it?" Amy asked in anticipation. She couldn't help but feel excited.

"Wait," he said and went out. Sighing, Amy waited for Aaron to come back. When he did, and when her eyes fell on him, her jaw slackened. Her eyes bulged out and she screamed in surprise.

"Where did you find Jen?" She asked rushing to the cat in the basket Aaron was now holding.

"Saw her around somewhere," he shrugged but was interrupted by slap on his back.

"It's him. This cat is male. How many fucking times do I have to tell you?" She roared all the while cuddling Jen in her hands.

"Ten dollars in the curse box," he smirked knowingly, pointing towards the small box they had made to put the money in.

Rolling her eyes, she went away cooing the cat in her hands, bringing a smile on Aaron's face, "Aww, baby. I missed you so much. You'll have so much fun with Katie."

Yep. Katie was another white Persian cat they owned. She was too cute to pass by her and not buy her.

"I hope I still get my cuddles," Aaron grumpily muttered under his breath following Amy out. He was insecure now that Amy had not one, but two fricking cats.

———

Yayyyy. They made up.. and there's another part to come. But it's a surprise. I hope you liked the epilogue. I sure love it❤️❤️❤️

Now. Don't forget to vote and comment. Anddd,, I'm thinking of writing the last part of epilogue in dialogue. Whatcha say???? Peace!!!!