Chapter 2

Carmella

Minutes after Xavier left, I packed all the necessary stuff Lorenzo will need. I don't care about my stuff and right now.

I was wearing a yellow crop top and black jeans.

I don't even know if my clothes were bugged from the people I work with.
I know that Vincenzo might payed some of them.

My thoughts were cut off by someone or people.

That's Vincenzo and his people.

We have to go.

"Enzo, let's go." I grabbed his hand.
I could hear the footsteps coming closer.
I took the picture of the wall of his room.

It revealed safe I typed the password and I made the tit sound before opening.

The wall opened and we went in before it closed. I did this for safety reasons.
"Mom, what's happening." Asked a worried Enzo."Are the bad guys chasing us."

"Yes baby, but we're safe here"I assured him.

I wasn't lying.

We are safe i could hear them on the other side, but they couldn't here us.

Oh god I forgot to put the picture back on the wall. They could see the safe.

But they don't know the pin, but they could wire it.

I looked at the corner of the room there was a fire place there."c'mon, enzo"I put him inside before grabing the lever.

"We are going on a ride" He looked at me sad."hey, look at me." He obeys.
"I'm scared mom" oh my dear son. This is all my fault.

"I'll pull this lever and you'll ride down the underground parking lot." He nods.
"Are u coming?" "Yes." I pulled down the lever.

"Are u done wiring it?" Asked a male voice. "Not yet."

Oh god

I heard boom sound down the fire place meaning he got down. I got inside a pulled the lever down.

The carrige went down and it revealed my private underground parking lot.

Enzo came running to hug me. I took his backpack and grabbed his hand going to my BMW i8

"Mom, we are we going?" I opened the door for him adjusting him in his car seat.

Before going around to the driver seat.
That's when I heard him

His voice.

"Carmella, please don't leave" he shouted." I love you" he said sounding hurt.

I froze. I never expected him to say that

No, he's trying to trick you.

No, he's not.

I snapped out of it. I can't go back I know he's trying to get me to come back so he can kill me or make me his trophy wife.

I climbed in the car and drove off. That's when I saw a black SUV. He's following me.

Oh god I can't speed up. I'm driving with a kid, oh fuck it. I speed up. He going to be okay because I was once a street racer.

I try to lose him by going to a dirt road.
"Mom, are they going to kill us."
"What, no love?" I know Vince would kill me but not him. "Okay, I love you, mom."

"I love you too, baby"

I would do anything for my child. He's got my whole heart.

A few minutes later. I lost him.
I took a cell phone that was attached underground the seat and called Ian.
"Hello" he answered."Ian.."

"Mells,ahh you finally called."

"Yes" I slowed the car down and looked at the back seat. Enzo was asleep. Oh my poor boy. He's suffering for my sins.

He can't even have friends because we have to move everytime Vince finds us.