1.03

A few days later, I went to school only to find out one of the bus drivers was mauled, probably by the Alpha. I didn't understand how he could care so little for human life. I had to stay a safe distance away so my bloodlust wouldn't take over. It wasn't long before Scott and Stiles joined me in watching the body get taken away. "I did this," Scott said, shocked.

I shook my head, still stunned. "I don't think this was you".

"Why are you standing so far away?" Stiles asked.

"I can smell the blood from here. It's intoxicating," I replied, grabbing my water bottle out, but I couldn't stop shaking.

"Just help me find her!" Scott exclaimed and we followed him inside. We started looking for Allison, who Scott apparently thought he had killed. It wasn't long before Scott ran straight into her. After that, we all went to class.

We met up again at lunch. Scott wanted to see if Derek could teach him control. "What makes you so sure that Derek even has all the answers?" Stiles asked, very sceptical.

"Because during the full moon, he wasn't changed. He was in total control while I was running around in the middle of the night, attacking some totally innocent guy," he replied.

"That wasn't you," I assured him, but he didn't believe me.

"I can't go out with Allison. I have to cancel". Apparently, Scott and Allison had a date the next night.

Suddenly, Lydia, Allison and Jackson decided to sit with us. "Why are they sitting with us?" I whispered to Stiles. He just shrugged his shoulders.

We started talking about the attack until Lydia changed the subject. By the end of lunch, Scott and Allison had been roped into going on a double date with Lydia and Jackson, which both Stiles and I found quite amusing.

"God, it was like watching a car wreck. I mean, first, it turned into the whole group-date thing, and the out of nowhere comes that phrase—" Stiles exclaimed while we were walking to class.

"Hang out," Scott agreed.

"You don't "hang out" with hot girls, okay? It's like death. Once it's "hanging out," you might as well be her gay best friend. You and Danny can start hanging out".

I turned to Stiles. "You and I hang out all the time," I said with a pout. "You and I are hanging out tomorrow night. Does this mean you don't think I'm hot?"

Stiles was at a loss for words. It was an effort not to crack up laughing. Scott was trying to hide his smile. He pat Stiles' shoulder encouragingly. "I'll let you handle his one," Scott whispered before running away from that conversation.

I turned to Stiles with an eyebrow raised. He practically bolted from that awkward situation and I burst out laughing.

The next night, I went to his house like we had planned. When he opened the door, he seemed very awkward. "Listen, about today—"

I cut him off. "Stiles, I was joking".

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank god!"

After he had led me to his room, I turned to him. "Just out of curiosity, do you think I'm hot?" he started to get flustered, which I found adorable. "You're one of my best friends, I want your honest opinion. You know I can just compel you, so you might as well just tell me".

After a while, he finally gained the courage to tell me the truth. "Yeah, I do". He started to get awkward again while I had a satisfied smile on my face.

We were interrupted by his dad poking his head through the doorway. "You two do know there's a curfew, right?"

I nodded. "I will be out of here by nine".

"Good". Then he turned serious. "I'm gonna head out. I'm going to the hospital. The bus driver succumbed to his wounds".

As soon as he left, Stiles and I turned to each other in alarm. "Let's go," he said, grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the house. We both got in his jeep and went straight to Scott's.

When we got there, Stiles climbed through the window while I knocked on the door like a normal person. It wasn't long before Scott answered. "Hey, how was your double date?" I said once he had let me in, trying not to laugh.

"I thought you were supposed to be 'hanging out' with Stiles" was his comeback.

I laughed. "Yeah, he's climbing through your window".

Suddenly, we heard a scream and raced upstairs to find Stiles on the bed and Melissa, Scott's mom, holding a baseball bat. "Do any of you care that there's a police-enforced curfew?" she asked once she had calmed down.

"No," we all said at the same time. After she left, Stiles and I told Scott what we had just learned.

A/N: I have a couple of questions:
1. For all you TVD watchers, does anyone know if an original vampire can compel other supernatural creatures? We know that they can compel other vampires, but what about werewolves and other creatures?

2. Does anyone know how to put a GIF in the cover of a chapter? I tried for this story but failed miserably and I really want to learn just in case.

Ty❤️