1.04

Apparently, after Stiles and I had told him about the bus driver, he went to see Derek, who told him about the alpha. "Did you know about this?" Scott asked me once he had told us about his encounter with Derek.

I nodded. "Yeah. Derek and I have been trying to find him".

"Why didn't you tell us any of this?" Stiles asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Why? What's the point? You seemed so convinced that Derek was guilty, you even got him arrested. Besides, you wouldn't have believed me either way".

Stiles rolled his eyes. "If Derek isn't the Alpha, then who is?"

I shrugged my shoulders again. "We don't know yet". 

We all went quiet as we received the results for our test. "Dude, you need to study more!" I heard Stiles say and decided to listen to the rest of their conversation. Scott looked beaten down. "That was a joke. Scott, it's one test! You're gonna make it up. Do you want help studying?"

"No, I'm studying with Allison after school today," Scott told him.

"That's my boy!" Stiles replied proudly, and I rolled my eyes.

"We're just studying," Scott pointed out.

Stiles scoffed. "No, you're not".

"I'm not?"

"Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you! If you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity, I swear to God, I'll have you de-balled". It was an effort not to laugh.

Scott turned to Stiles and said a bit quieter (Not that I couldn't hear), "You study with (Y/N) all the time".

Stiles gave an exasperated sigh. "I know, and it kills me!"

"Why don't you just ask her out?"

"Have you seen her? That girl is way out of my league!" Stiles pointed out, making subtle hand gestures towards me.

Scott looked over at me, clearly knowing I had been listening. Meanwhile, I had the biggest smile on my face as I decided to focus on the big, red 'A' on my test paper.

At the end of the day, I went to go home when I saw Derek run into front of and get hit by Stiles' car. I immediately jumped out of my car and rushed over to them. "What the hell happened here?"

"I was shot," he told us in between breaths.

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott asked, shocked and confused.

"It was a different kind of bullet".

My eyes widened. "It must have had some kind of wolfsbane in it".

Scott's eyes widened as well. "That's what she meant when she said you had forty-eight hours".

I turned to him. "Who?"

"The one that shot him". Suddenly, Derek started to shift. "What are you doing? Stop that!"

I looked around to see we were starting to attract attention. I turned to Stiles. "We need to get him in your car".

"What? Why can't you do it?"

"Because the hunters know me, and they know my relationship with the Hales, which means Derek won't be safe with me". The three of us helped get Derek into Stiles' jeep.

"I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used," Derek told Scott.

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" Scott asked exasperatedly.

"Cause she's an Argent. She's with them".

"Who was it?" I asked.

"It was Kate".

I stepped back in shock. "Kate's back in town?"

After that, we all went our separate ways. As soon as I had put my stuff away and gotten a quick snack, I called Stiles. "How is he?"

He didn't even sugarcoat it. "He's getting worse. Scott said to take him to the animal clinic while he figures out which bullet it was".

I nodded. "Alright. I'm on my way". Then I hung up and left immediately.

I arrived not long after they did. There wasn't really anything we could do until we heard from Scott so we just waited.

After what seemed like forever, Stiles got a text. "Does Northern Blue Monkshood mean anything to you?" I whipped my head towards him in surprise.

"It's a rare form of wolfsbane," Derek told him. "He has to bring me the bullet. I'm gonna die without it. If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time-- last resort. You're gonna cut off my arm".

Stiles started getting squeamish and started complaining like a little girl, so eventually, I snatched the blade off him. "I'll do it. I'm a little less squeamish than you".

I placed the blade on his arm, then brought it up and started to swing down but stopped right before his arm when I heard the door open. Scott quickly brought the bullet over to me and I cut the bullet to get the wolfsbane out, burned the wolfsbane with my magic and without warning, rubbed the ashes onto his wound, allowing him to heal.

"Okay, we saved your life, which means you're gonna leave us alone. You got that? And, if you don't, I'm gonna go back to Allison's dad, and I'm gonna tell him everything—" Scott said, frustrated.

I clenched my fists at what he said. "You're gonna trust them? You think they can help you?" Derek asked angrily.

"Well, why not? They're a lot freaking nicer than you are".

I looked at him with disappointment in my eyes. "You really don't know anything, do you?"

He looked at me in confusion. "Know what?"

"I can show you exactly how nice they are". With that, the three of us left to go to the Beacon Hills Long-Term Residential Home to go see Peter. We explained to Scott what had happened before going our separate ways for the night.