2.09

A few days later, Stiles and I were trying to solve the investigation that is the Kanima and his master.

We were flipping through the pages of the 2006 Beacon Hills High yearbook when his father walked past. "Hey, what are you two doing?"

"Homework..." Stiles evaded without looking up. I clamped my lips together to stop from smiling.

Noah went to walk away, but suddenly, stopped. "It's spring break". He let out an exasperated sigh. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Oh, I'm just satisfying my own curiosity..." Stiles evaded once again.

"They brought Harris in this morning for questioning," Noah told us. "And they're working on a warrant to arrest him for the murders".

I whipped my head towards him. "With what proof?"

"You remember the couple at the trailer? Tire tracks nearby match Harris' car".

Stiles went to continue looking though the book, but Noah closed it to grab his son's attention.

"The same car was also seen outside the hospital where the pregnant wife was killed. It's got some bumper sticker on it, a quote from Einstein—"

"What quote?" Stiles asked.

"Something about imagination and knowledge..."

My eyes widened.

"'Imagination is more important than knowledge,'" Stiles quoted.

"We saw the same car parked outside the rave," I told him as I remembered that.

"That means you guys are witnesses. You're gonna have to give a statement," Noah said.

I groaned. "Again?"

"But what about the concert promoter, Kara? She wasn't in Harris' class, right? I mean, what does Mr. Lahey have to do with Harris?" Stiles pointed out. He continued flipping through the book.

"I thought you hated this guy," Noah confirmed.

"I don't hate him, all right? He hates me. And, you know, if he killed them all, then yeah, lock the psycho up. But, there's something missing. There's gotta be something missing..."

Stiles hesitated at a certain page, and Noah's eyes were immediately drawn to that page. "Look at the swim team".

Stiles' eyes widened. "The coach. It's Isaac's dad!"

My eyes widened. "I need to tell Isaac!"

I started to run out of the room when I remembered to bring proof. Since I couldn't take the entire yearbook with me, I opted for just taking a photo.

I drove straight to my house, looking for Isaac. When he wasn't there, I realized there was only other one place he could be.

As soon as I arrived at the railway depot, I jumped out of my car and raced inside, yelling, "We figured it out! Stiles and I figured it out".

I pulled out my phone as Isaac, Erica and Boyd crowded around me. "It's the swim team of 2006. All of the Kanima's victims are on here". I looked at Isaac and pointed to the coach. "And look, the coach. It's your father!"

"But who would hate the swim team so much that they'd even go so far as to kill the coach?" Isaac asked.

"That's what Stiles and his father are trying to find out".

Derek walked towards us. "Thank you for this, but you should probably leave before the full moon hits tonight". He glanced upwards for emphasis.

Do you need help?" I offered. "I can skip Lydia's party if you want".