"I'll talk to him." Hermione gave a firm nod in approval. "Good."

They were half way around the lake now and decided to stop by the shore where they would have a nice view of the castle. They put out the blanket and the food the house elves had packed for them. The spot also had birch trees surrounding it, so it made it even more cozy when they sat down by the water. The birds were chirping around them and Hermione was smiling at her. Aurora couldn't help but lean in closer to her. She was just so incredibly perfect. Hermione noticed Aurora's movement and turned her smiling face to her instead. Although the smile didn't stay for long, she didn't move away. She was staring into Aurora's blue eyes, watching her with anticipation.

Aurora could no longer help herself and she lent in all the way. Their lips meeting softly and eyes closing gently. Hermione's lips were so incredibly soft and her cheeks were warm beneath Auroras hand. It felt like kissing autumn. Warm earthy tones, crisp air but soft lips and her soft curls brushing her hand. It was a brief kiss and it was gentle and soft.

Aurora pulled away first, scared to open her eyes and take in Hermione's reaction, but as she did, all she received was a bright expression and sparkling eyes, a grin taking over the brown eyed girls face. Aurora smiled nervously convinced she was feeling as happy as she had ever felt in her life.

"I've been waiting to do that for a long time." Aurora whispered. Hermione smiled and nodded, a cute red blush on her cheeks.

"I've been waiting too." she replied. A relief was lifted off Auroras shoulders, knowing she hadn't made Hermione uncomfortable.

"I'm so happy right now." Aurora said, lying back on the grass, pulling Hermione down with her kissing her as she went. She put her hand behind her neck to pull her closer and kissed her more intently. Hermiones hand reached up to her face, her fingers igniting little sparks under her skin. 

Hermione pulled away and grinned, kissing her nose gently. She was so close Aurora could see the faint freckles spread across her face and see the details of her eyes. She was beautiful.

"I'm happy too." she smiled, her eyes crinkling slightly, looking deeply into Auroras eyes before lying down beside her and turning to watching the sky.

Aurora lay there for a second, not moving, trying to comprehend what just happened. She had kissed Hermione, and Hermione had kissed her back. She had kissed Hermione! How did she have the guts to do that? She'd been thinking about it for over a year, and now she had finally done it! And Hermione kissed her back! 

As she was lost in her thoughts of shock, Hermione made herself comfortable, laying her head on Auroras stomach as they looked at the clouds taking shapes as the most random things in the sky above them. Aurora hesitantly reached out with her hand and began playing with Hermione's soft curls, watching the bushy haired girl look at the clouds, sighing in relief when she didn't object. Aurora could not stop looking at her. Long lashes, tan skin, faint freckles, chubby cheeks and curly hair. Aurora loved it all. 

They lay in silence for a long while, reveling in the peace that came from being so far away from the castle and it's inhabitants.

"Did you know that I've liked you since fourth year?" Hermione suddenly said. Aurora perked up at this and tried to stop blushing. It was so surreal that someone liked her. "You were always there for me, from first year to now, I just didn't know what it was until last year." 

"Really?" she said in surprise, hardly believing her ears. Hermione nodded. "I think the boys have noticed by now. I've talked about you a lot." she said, laughing nervously.

"You have?" Aurora felt a surge of happiness of the fact that Hermione had spoken about her to her friends and felt a sudden need to say thank you for thinking she was worth talking about.

"I knew I liked you the second I saw you at the Yule Ball. Before that I'd entertained the thought, but when I saw you in that dress I realized that I could like whoever I wanted, and I wanted it to be you." Aurora said, a faint blush on her cheeks. "You were so beautiful that day, you know. You still are."

Hermione lifted her head from Aurora stomach and smiled. "You're beautiful too, Aurora." They both blushed furiously and grinned at each other. Hermione moved up to lay down right on top of Aurora, arms on either side of her head to keep her from falling on top of her. Hermione's hair fell like a curtain around their faces and gathered together in the grass as she lent in to kiss her. 

"We're both beautiful." She whispered. The pair of them couldn't stop smiling, even as they kissed.

____________

Neither of them wanted to go back to the castle. They stayed for as long as possible and walked back as slowly as could be considered walking once it began getting dark. They knew that back at the castle, they would have to act as friends. No one could find out. Harry and Ron might have an idea, but they hadn't commented on it, so they probably didn't mind. The problem was most people in the wizarding world were far more conservative then in the muggle world, and they would certainly not accept it. 

Aurora couldn't even imagine how her father would react if he found out. She was sure he would disown her. Probably expel her and leave her to rot somewhere. She had eventually lost trust in her father, because countless times things had happened and he would get angry and jump to conclusions, then realize what he had said or done and apologize, asking for her forgiveness. First when she was sorted into Hufflpuff, then when she later had failed her Transfiguration exam, he had been furious, but hadn't even attempted to find out why. Turns out when he found out one of Malfoys buddy's had cursed with a confundus charm before the exam, he apologized and gave the poor Slytherin a years worth of detention. He was still her father and she loved him dearly, but she didn't trust him as much as she wish she could. There were a lot of things she wished she didn't have to keep bottled up, but didn't dare tell her father in fear of his reaction.

This on the other hand was too far, even for her father. He would not apologize this time, nor would he regret it. He had connections with bad people, and bad people didn't like people like her.