Prologue

What little furniture that was in the room was all upholstered leather. Except for the polished mahagony wood table placed exactly 6 inches to the right of the only window in the room which was fortefied with 2 layers of bullet resistant glass. The door was located at such an angle that if someone was sitting at the desk, and a gun was fired from the door the bullet would fly harmlessly 2 inches in front of the desk.

    A woman sat at the table. Her curly black hair which reached the small of her back waspulled back from her face with a hair pin that was pretty useful for picking locks. That was, after all, how she entered this room. She slipped her long bare legs out from underneath the table and placed them on the table. Her violet eyes darted to the door just as the knob turned. 

A tall, lean man with startling blue eyes and sleek black hair entered. She gasped. His appearance struck at a memory she had buried in her mind.                                                                                                          A dark night. The moon was covered by the clouds. She layed the boys bleeding body on her lap as she kissed his mouth. He couldnt leave her. Not then. 'Promise?' He had asked. ''Promise' She had sobbed. And he had opened his bright blue eyes one last time before dying in her arms, a smile still etched on his lips.                                                                                                                                       She snapped out of her reverie and observed the man. He was slightly more muscular than the man from her memories. His jaw line was also different. She forced a smile and stodd up from the leather chair in which she had been seated.  "You're early." The man said gruffly.  She laughed. "Im not early. You're simply late".  The man sighed. There was no point in argiung.                                          "You wanted someone to do your, dirty work? Or so i've heard." She asked, a smile playing on her lips.  The man didn't reply. He looked at her from top to bottom - her long lashes, her high cheek bones, her low cut, revealing shirt, skin tight shorts and ankle boots. Finally he tore his gaze from her body and looked at her face. It was his turn to smile. "You heard right," He said, grinning. His teeth were like pearls, and his voice was husky and deep. The signs of a perfectionist.           He handed her 2 objects. A small leather bound folder and a backpack. She opened the file and looked at its contents. A couple photos, a copy of a drivers licence, and information of the victim. Then she opened the bag. It held a stash of bullets, poison in a bottle of nail-paint, three pairs of clothes, a small, but razor sharp knife and enough cash to last her a month. It aslo contained a fake passport, visa and credit cards. She read through the information provided. "Accepted. However, this," she said, holding up the wad of cash, "Won't be enough."  He nodded grimly. "First do the job then we'll talk figures."  She laughed again. "I want a hundred thousand American Dollars, and atleast half payed up front." The man closed his eyes. The laughing, sexy girl at his desk was all a facade, she was savage and ruthless beneath. Atleast, thats what his employer had told him. It was hard to imagin this sweet girl murdering someone. "Murder. Oh, such a harsh word. i prefer 'Put out of their misery'." She said, laughter lacing her voice, and he realized he had spoken aloud. He frowned and said, "You'll have to speak to my employer for the money. Im just a messenger." he said, and threw an onject to her. She caught it and immediately recognized it as a burn phone. "Theres only one number saved on that. Get your instructions and then destroy it. If you need to know anything later, you'll be supplied with another." He said, and then turned and left the room.  "As if i didn't know that" she muttered to herself as soon as the door closed.