Chapter Sixteen.

Zee:  

Zee walked amidst the mass of sweaty bodies, nibbling on her lip. She had to avoid Noah at all costs. She knew she wouldn't be able to face him knowing that he would die bye her hands soon. How soon was soon, you ask? Too soon.  

In fact, she was contemplating doing it that very night. She reached into the folds of her jacket and fingered the knife she had hidden. She sighed. It was gonna be like her partner all over again. Someone she loved, dying because she was too selfish to save them. She made her way to the bar, knowing she needed a drink if she was ever gonna execute her plan.  

She slid onto an empty bar stool and named a random drink off the list. A couple minutes later it was placed in front of her. She inspected the drink carefully. It was a lime green at the bottom and faded into a bluish teal color. 'In fact, it matches my dress' Zee thought, with a small giggle.  

She took a small sip. It was delicious. It wasn't too light, nor too strong, and it bubbled in her mouth like champagne. She downed the rest of it in a single sip, and ordered another one.  

"Are you sure, kid? These are pretty strong..." The bartender asked her, hesitantly.  

"I am not a kid, and why don't you just do your job and get me what I want." She snapped, the alcohol slowly taking over.  

"You look like a kid to me..." The bartender muttered as he handed her another drink. This too she downed easily, before replying, "For your information, I am twenty one" 

Now, three things were unfortunate about this situation. One, She was already highly intoxicated. Two, She had stated her real age, quite loudly too. And, Three, A certain person's ears perked upon hearing these words. 

                                                                                  * * *  

After downing another drink and a half, Zee made her way to the dance floor. Nearly moments later, the song changed to a slow one, and everyone around her rushed to find partners. She looked around for Noah, but couldn't find him in her drunken state.  

"Can I have this dance?" A voice asked her. Zee turned around to find a guy about her age standing behind her with a half smile on his face. His hair was dark and floppy, stopping just above a pair of gorgeous blue eyes.  

"Well of course!" She giggled. The stranger smiled. "One last thing," He asked, "Your name?"  

"Ce -" She started, then stopped. even drunk, she knew not to give out her real name. "It's Zee. Zee Ryder."  

The stranger nodded, frowning a little. Zee squinted. Why did this stranger look so familiar, especially when he did that? She brushed it off, thinking that she was seeing things.  

As the song slowly ended, the stranger slowly leaned down and brushed his lips to hers. Her body recognized those lips immediately, as she leaned in to his touch. Her mind might have recognized him too, if she wasn't so drunk, and if the kiss hadn't been so fleeting that it was hardly there.  

The stranger, turned to move away, but Zee slurred, "Wait! your name?" But he was gone before she could finish asking.  

                                                                                 * * * 

Zee looked everywhere for Noah. It was like he had disappeared off the face of Earth. Or the Face of the Club anyways. She had decided it was time, to do what she had to, as much as she would regret it. "Heyyy, missing you. Meet me at the bar wont ya?" She texted him. She sat and waited there for a little over ten minutes before shrugging it off and dancing some more.  

   If she was Sober, she would have realized something was amiss, and she might just have had time to save him...

________________________________________________________

So Yeah i know this chapters really really small, but it was just a filler. What happens next is important. Also, i think this as good a time to announce as any, that the books almost over, just a little left to go. Also there will be NO Sequel.