Chapter Nine.

Zee:

Zee watched Flynn all day. He kept glancing at Troy, biting his lip. It was all Zee could do not to push them together and scream "NOW KISS!"  

But she knew that if Troy and Flynn wanted to be together, they would have to find out themselves and make their moves at their own pace. Zee simply hoped that they worked it out before her job was done and she left, discarding her current identity. Because Troy and Flynn were her friends, and she wanted to see them happy.  

She also noticed Noah giving her confused and slightly upset glances every now and then. At first, Zee didn’t know why, but then she realized that Noah probably thought she was looking at Flynn because she liked him. Zee had taken Noah aside after class and assured him that she was only watching Flynn because she didn't want him to completely embarrass himself in front of a certain someone. Noah had assumed Flynn liked some girl and Zee was helping him get her, because he let the subject drop afterwards.  

"Zee? Zee! ZEE!!!"  

Zee heard a voice calling her name. She drowsily opened her eyes and blinked. Keira was staring at her, her green eyes wide and a small smile on her lips. Her long black hair was braided down the back and swept over her left shoulder.  

"What?" Zee asked, fully awake, but a little grumpy. She had snoozed through her history class and had been having a nice dream about a pancake that never got over. 

"Come on!" Keira said, tugging on Zee's arm.  

With a sigh Zee got up. Doing so, she noticed that the rest of the class was empty.  

"Where are we going?" She asked 

"You'll see." Keira said, breaking into her hand without letting go of Zee's arm.  

Zee followed her reluctantly. 

Keira pulled her past the girls bathroom, and stopped right in front of Zee's next class.  

"Did you drag me here just so I wouldn’t be late for my next class?" Zee asked, confused. 

"Keira smiled slightly and said, rolling her eyes, "No you idiot! Just go in! You'll find Noah and Flynn in the corner."  

Zee sighed. She hoped that Noah hadn't thought that Zee lied to him about Flynn and now planned on confronting him.  

She rushed through the doors. Everyone was doing their usual activities - Sleeping, drawing on the tables, listening to music, making out with their special someone, doing homework - but Zee's eyes were trained on the duo near the window.  

Flynn was sitting down, hugging his knees to his chest and Noah was standing above him awkwardly patting Flynn's head. Zee ran to them.  

When Noah saw her coming he shook his head slightly, as though telling her to go away. Zee didn’t listen. She ran to Flynn and crouched down beside him. 

"Flynn! Flynn, what happened?"  

Flynn looked up at her, and smiled bitterly. "Why don’t you tell me?"  

He pointed towards the teachers desk where a couple sat, kissing intensely. It took Zee a moment to realize that the two people were Arianna and...Troy?  

Zee stared at them, her jaw touching the floor. Finally Arianna broke away and noticed her staring at them. She flushed, red as a beet, and looked at her shoes. But Troy slung his arm around her waist pulling her closer to him. He smirked and said, "No need to be jealous, Ryder. But remember, Arianna and I, we're an item now." Then Troy smiled genuinely at Arianna. "I like the ring of that, Troy and Arianna."