Chapter 5

Happiness is a funny thing. We yearn for it when we're hurting, when things just don't seem to be going right. Happiness is something I've learned to not expect in my life. Some may definitely argue that that's no way to live, but right now as I stand here looking into Leo's eyes, listening to his wife call out his name, I am far from happy.

Here I was, in another womans bathroom, letting her husband penetrate me with his vicious fingers and soft tantalizing lips. I have hit a new low. I couldn't even process what the hell was going on right now. I was still naked, my breaths ragged, waiting for him to say something. Why the fuck isn't he saying anything?

I climb off the counter and reach for my towel to wrap around myself.

"I'm in the shower love, I'll be out in a bit." He yells out, his eyes never leaving mine as his hands reach for the shower knobs to turn them on.

Anger is the only emotion that consumes me at this very moment. Not sadness or heartbreak, just pure rage. What Leo had done was despicable and I was tempted to make my presence known to his wife. He was a dirty cheater who deserved to get caught.

"Abela I can explain..." He begins to speak and I cut him off almost immediately.

"I don't want to hear it. As far as i'm concerned you're nothing but a piece of shi-" His hand is suddenly on my face, squeezing my cheeks hard and I struggle to get out of his grasp.

"Keep your voice down.." His eyes are cold and distant and his demeanor is intimidating.

I lower my voice and grit my teeth. " Why should I? So your wife doesn't find out that her husband is committing adultery a couple of feet away from her?"

I grip his wrist and pull his hand away from my face. "If you touch me like that again, i will make sure your wife finds out just how hard her husband gets while he's watching me shower. You got it?" I threaten, trying to sound as fearless and confident as I could manage.

His hands drop to his sides and by the look on his face , it was obvious that I had won this one. But what was I winning exactly? At the end of the day I was the one stuck in this messed up situation. I had feelings for a married man.

I couldn't help but wonder if I was overreacting.  After all, he was nothing but a stranger. Someone who lived in the same apartment complex as me and that was it. He didn't owe me an apology. He didn't need to explain himself. He was just another typical player. So why was i feeling so strongly about this?

"As much as I would love to see your wife come in here and catch you, I don't want to have any part in this anymore. I need to get out of here right now." My fingers are clenched around my towel. My lip is quivering and my shaky voice catches him off guard.

"Get dressed." He throws his clothes at me and I glare at him harshly.