Chapter 7.

Chapter 7

"Actually girls, Teresa was the one who told me about the empty apartment in her building, so you girls should really be thanking her."

Have you ever experienced that moment when you were listening, but not really listening? My mind had decided to block out Mrs.rawlins attempts at continuously praising the model like woman standing in front of me, which I now know goes by the name of Teresa. Their voices became background noises to the movie that is currently playing out in my head of how this night was going to end.

At the risk of sounding ungrateful, i couldn't help but think that this whole thing would have never happened if she hadn't recommended this place to us.

I immediately regret letting that thought even cross my mind. I was beginning to sound like a spoiled brat, and i hated it. Paige's parents had generously volunteered to pay for the first six months of our expenses, including our rent and here i was acting like an ungrateful princess all because i almost got finger fucked by my jackass of a neighbor.

"Thank you Teresa, i really have enjoyed the new apartment, it's beautiful and even the people i've met so far are very nice and very welcoming."

"I'm so glad you guys liked it. Im sorry i haven't been over to introduce myself yet. I've been so occupied with work, i'm lucky if i even make it home before 10 oclock."

I smile at the oblivious beauty, she clearly had no idea that i was referring to her promiscuous husband and how 'welcoming' he truly was.

Speaking of the devil, look who had finally made it, looking extremely delectable, affecting me in more ways than one. He was the last person i wanted to see right now. I watch as he greets his wife and Mrs. Rawlins and wait for him to notice that i was there. Like clockwork, he turns around and almost stumbles backwards, caught off guard by me standing there with a devious smile plastered all over my face. If i was going to be trapped in this awkward situation, i might as well have fun with it.

"Hi, you must be Teresa's husband, it's nice to meet you." My true intentions were disguised in the tone of my voice. Sweet and polite. I knew i was going to have a lot of fun making Leo sweat tonight.

He clears his throat, and hesitantly shakes the hand i had extended out to him.

"Likewise." His tone was short and clipped.

"I must say you look strangely familiar. Have we met before?" I continue.

"Honey, this is Linda's daughter and her best friend." Teresa gestures to Paige and I, interrupting the pleasure i was getting from seeing Leo speechless.

"Maybe you've seen them around the building recently. I recommended the Cruz's old apartment to Linda at work a while ago, and they decided to check it out. Now they're our new neighbors." She continues, beaming at us.

I watch Leo's facial features as he begins to put the pieces together, and the muscles in his face begin to relax.

"Yeah, you know what, that must be it. I've probably seen you around the building or something." I reply before he gets the chance to.

I turn to Paige who was staring, mouth wide open forming an o. I had forgotten that she was standing next to me, clueless and puzzled about what was going on. She had no idea who Teresa was, or that Leo was her husband up until now.

"Can you guys excuse us for a moment? Samuel has been looking for Paige for a while and i don't want to keep him waiting much longer." I hook my arm around Paige and lead her away from the group, before anyone got the chance to respond.