He noticed Yamaguchi wearing a confused expression that was masking another emotion he couldn't read.

The female ran up and grabbed his arm, clinging to him. He didn't hide the disgust he felt for that. He hated it when people clung to him out of nowhere. Sometimes it was acceptable but right now it was certainly not.

"Get off me." He tried to pry himself free but she didn't release him.

"Why Kei? I missed you and you do this?" She's trying to guilt-trip him. He's not falling for that again.

"I said get off." He snapped, somehow managing to be scary enough for her to loosen her grip and allow him to snatch his limb back.

"And stop calling me Kei." He hissed at her and she pouted.

"But we're best friends!" She whined.

"We are not." Tsukishima backed away a little to keep a relatively large space gap.

"Did you not get the hint when I blocked you or are you that stupid?" He smirked at the glare she gave him and she crossed her arms over her chest. Only now did he notice what she was wearing.

A pink frilly crop top with the shortest skirt humanely possible and thigh-high socks with a pair of high heels. He wanted to gag.

He hated it so much.

Not that he hated people who wore outfits like that, some of them were fine. It was a problem when he knew the said person was a bitch.

"Hmph! Also, who is this freckled freak?" She put her hands on her hips and gave Yamaguchi a side eye.

He looked at Yamaguchi, who shrunk back and used an arm to cover the bottom half of his face. His freckles. Tsukishima always knew he was insecure about them.

He was done with this bitch. This was not how to rekindle a friendship. Of course, he wouldn't know how but this was not the way. Maybe you could do this with a pushover or an innocent naive person but he was neither of those.

"Seriously? You appear out of nowhere and not only wear the most atrocious outfit I've ever seen but cling to me, call me Kei without permission, and then proceed to insult my friend. Who do you think you are?" He snapped at her. No way in hell. He isn't doing this. He isn't putting up with this. You can insult him to the sun and back but leave Yamaguchi out of it.

She seemed a little shocked at his response. What else was she expecting? He didn't know, he didn't care. She was about to open her mouth again but he didn't let her.

"I'm pretty sure I don't want to be friends with someone who lies about jumping off a bridge and then comes back and expects to be able to force their way back into my life without any sort of apology. Not that I'd allow it anyway." Tsukishima was dead serious.

She looked at him then at Yamaguchi, who looked at Tsukishima with a surprised expression, clearly not expecting him to say anything like that.

"Tch! At least I don't befriend people with weird dots on their faces His hair looks like seaweed too." She shot a look at Yamaguchi as he looked at the ground instead of at either of them.

"At least said dots look like stars. Also, seaweed is better than fools gold."

"T-Tsukki!" Yamaguchi hadn't expected him to stand up for him, never mind call his freckles stars. Though the fools gold thing was kinda funny, now was not the time to laugh. He didn't know what was going on but it wasn't a good thing. Tsukishima turned and mouthed 'call me Kei' with an expression that told him to play along.

"I-I mean Kei." He did so. The utter disbelief on Aria's face was hilarious to Tsukishima.

"Why does he get to call you Kei!" She hissed.

"Because unlike you. He's a decent human being." He read her carefully. She stomped her foot angrily. Then jumped forward and slapped him.

It forced him to stumble back a little. He would've just punched her but hitting a girl and hitting a boy are two very different things. Usually, a male can take the hit and he didn't want to give her a reason to call the police on them.

His face stung but he ignored it. He muttered a curse word under his breath. His glasses had fallen off his face and he had no clue where they went.

"Hey! What the hell!?" Akiteru was running up to see what was going on and stood between her and them.

He felt someone tug at his sleeve gently as Akiteru and Aria were yelling at each other So he looked in that direction and saw a very blurry Yamaguchi. His eyes closed instinctively as his friend reached up and fixed his glasses back onto his face. When he opened his eyes he could see again but they were crooked so he fixed them quickly.

"Thanks..." Tsukishima muttered. They weren't broken much to his surprise.

"I caught them just barely in time..." He heard Yamaguchi whisper. Probably talking to himself.

The yelling died down and he took notice of Aria retreating from view. His brother sighing with relief before looking at them.

"Yamaguchi, not to be rude but..Why don't you fetch your stuff and go home? I need to talk to Kei. Alone." This settled it for him. He was in the hit. Very deep shit. There was no playfulness in his brother's voice. It was blank and emotionless.

At this point, he started questioning why he'd gotten so defensive immediately after she insulted Yamaguchi. It was because they were friends right? That had to be it. There was no other explanation.

'Unless I miraculously had a crush on him.'

He thought jokingly.

'Waaaaaaiiiittttt....'