"Cara." He says looking at me. "We both know, I am not going to. There is no point in trying." I know. There is no winning with you. "Now, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride." I sigh. He leans towards me and I thought he is going to kiss me. He reaches over and pulls the seat belt. His lips lights touch my cheek. Okay, he is doing it intentionally! I take in a moment to breath his scent. Oh my God!

Just like that, he is back I his seat as he buckles my seat belt. He smiles. Oh, he knows what he is doing! You sly bastard! "Okay. Stop that smile! I have seen it in a lot of movies and it's not working!"

"Oh, yeah? Then why are you blushing?" He smirks. He knows it's working! Why does he have to be so charming?!

"I am not. Just drive!" I look out the window trying to hide my red face.

"Another thing." He says and I look at him. He pulls a little box out of his pocket and looks at me. "Give me your hand." I do and he smiles before opening the box and taking out whatever is in it. He pulls out a light pink diamond ring. It's huge. It's huge! He takes my hand and slips it on my ring finger. "I know it's too early." He starts. I look at him in shock. "But, this is a promise ring."

"What?" I am still in awe.

"A promise that I will get you back."

I look at the ring and then back at him. No! No! No! I try to pull it off. "You are not getting me back with a ring!" He stops me as I try to pull it off.

"I know. I know."

"We have broken up, Martin." Hurt passes his eyes as he hears me say that. Well, you broke my heart too! I am sorry! "I can't!" He stops me again.

"You can have it as a break up ring then."

I look at him like he lost his mind. "What?" He pauses for a moment before he speaks.

"It is a break up ring. If you ever take it off that means we are back together."

"That's ridiculous, Martin!"

"I don't care. You can take that ring off, if you want and I will take it that you are ready to be my girlfriend." He smirks. Fuck! He got me!

"Martin!"

"Yes, Baby?"

"That's not how it works!"

"That's exactly how it works for me." He shrugs like that's really how it works.

"Who gives a break up ring?!"

"I do." I sigh and lean back in my seat. He starts driving and keeps his hand on my thigh like he always does. I remove it, but he places it again. This continues for a while. I get tired, but I know he is only enjoying it. No point! He is just so stubborn!

I let him be and look at the ring, HUGE ring on my finger. He can buy me a ring, but this huge... Something is off. I don't understand why he wants me to wear it that much. I think about it and my memory goes back to the time we spent in the hospital last month.

I remember flirting with a male nurse there and even gave him my number just to provoke Martin. That was the day I got discharged. For some reason, he never even messaged, not that I was looking forward for that. The whole time, I was flirting with him, Martin remained calm. His normal self would usually freak out and go possessive over my ass, but this time... he was surprisingly calm, very calm in fact.

I gasp as I look at the ring. This is not a promise ring! This is not a break up ring! This ring is to not let any men near me even if I flirt with them! That way he doesn't have to get jealous!