Chapter 4

Chapter 4

-Look At Me

Diana Thomas's POV

"Tina, here is the file you asked. Can you hand me the employee details file. I need to add the names of new joinees." I ask her working quickly on my laptop.

"I don't have it. It's with Kevin." She responds and I sigh. I talk to him without looking away from my laptop.

"Kevin, I need the employee details file." Before I know it. I feel a tap on my forehead and I know it's the file. He never stops teasing. Even at this hectic moment. Today Chris has a meeting with Mr. Vincento and we are getting all the files arranged without errors. There is so much work today. The whole H. R team, I mean the five of us including Chris are working hard. Turns out Sam, that old bastard and our old boss did nothing but harass us.

It's not just the H. R department that's under pressure. From the past three weeks, each department has been working their butt's off. The new C. E. O or should I say "The Devil", a name given to him by the office members, has been grilling all of us. He really is Devil. Today it's our turn to be fried.

It has been three weeks since I saw him or three weeks since I embarrassed myself in front of him. Maybe I should say three weeks since he told me to not meet him until he called for me. Not that I am waiting for him to call me. Why would h even ask for me? I can't honestly say that he clogged my thoughts because he didn't. My mind is actually clogged with the mystery person who keeps sending flowers every day.

Every other day a bouquet is delivered. One day roses, the other day tulips and one day some other flower. Some days there are notes saying "Have a nice day." I tried to find out who it was by asking the delivery man but it was of no use. The need to know who this person is increasing each day. I can't get one word out of my mind though. Soulless me. Okay, two words. But still.

"Diana, can you mail me the document I messaged you. I need it right now." Nick says ringing me out of my thoughts.

"Sure."

The whole office is on run. I have never seen anyone here working like this in the past six months as they are doing now. There is so much commotion, most of them are speaking on the phone. God, he really is killing us! He didn't seem like a strict guy when I first met him in the coffee shop. He is arrogant though.

It's almost two in the afternoon and we are done with all the works. We have arranged all the files in a order and everything is set right. Chris has to meet Mr. Vincento at 3 O' clock. The last-minute comossion is going on. I sigh and put all the files which are now completely organized in a row.

"Done!" Kevin said stretching his arms and legs in his chair. I fall back on my chair and close my when to breath.

"Tia, Chris is calling you." I hear Nick say as he comes out of the H. R cabin. I open my eyes and look at Tia. She looks alert.

"Wh-What? Why?" She asks. Nick just shrugs his shoulders.

"Don't know." He replies. I can see that she is too tensed than normal.

"But-But why didn't you ask him? I submitted all the files. I have sent him all these damn emails that are unnecessary which he asked. I haven't even had my lunch, we haven't had lunch. Why is he grilling me?" She starts panicking. I put my hand on hers trying to relax her.

"Tia. He just asked for you. He is not a serious guy and I am sure he wouldn't get mad at you. Stop panicking. Just go and meet him once." I explain as calm as possible. Meanwhile Nick, who just heard Tia rant is still in confusion. I turn to him. "She must be tried. Don't worry. I will take care of her." He nods and goes back before giving Tia a confused look.