7

At dawn Salihat was up doing her morning routine. She couldn't sleep a wink as she kept on replaying the fight over and over again. She meant well for her friend and was only trying to prevent her from future hurt but perhaps she wasn't doing it the right way.

She didn't know how she let herself lose control like that but the insults Funmilayo hurled at her were too much for her to take in. Salihat was feeling bad but was still very angry at Funmilayo.

Ene and Uriel were still sleeping. Going into the room she met Funmilayo also doing her morning routine. Salihat wasn't the only one who didn't sleep, Funmilayo also couldn't sleep well.

I mean who would sleep well after a night of giving and receiving such horrible insults and blows.

Their eyes met and Funmilayo was the first to break the eye contact. She was still very mad at Salihat. Daniella was still sleeping.

Salihat entered the bathroom to have her bath. Funmilayo tried waking Daniella only for her cousin to say she wasn't going for her lecture that morning before going back to sleep.

Salihat soon came out from the bathroom. Upon seeing Funmilayo still in the room she took all what she needed and went to the living room. She placed her stuffs on the couch where she slept and tried waking Ene and Uriel. It took a minute or so before they finally got up groaning. They obviously didn't get enough sleep.

Ene sat up and began bending her body in weird angles. Cracking every joint crackable.

"Remind me never to sleep on the floor again." Uriel said yawning while she stretched.

"Aswear I thought this rug would help but it didn't." Ene said smiling.

Salihat smiled a little.

"Good morning." Uriel said

"Morning " Ene replied.

There's nothing good about this morning. Salihat wanted to to say but instead she swallowed the statement replacing with a very low.

"Good morning "

Uriel was about to ask of the others when she noticed the stuffs on the couch. She figured there was still tension.

"What time is it?" Uriel asked

"7:34." Salihat answered and the girls eyes grew wide as they screamed..

"Yeeh "

"7: what!!"

Ene and Uriel scrambled to get up. They rushed into the room to get ready. The girls always had spare toothbrush and clothes at the apartment. Thankfully the apartment had two bathrooms. Ene rushed to use the one inside while Uriel headed for the one in the living area.

"Babe morning " Ene mumbled to Funmilayo. Her mouth filled with toothpaste lather.

"Morning." Funmilayo replied. She sat crossed leg on the bed still in her pyjamas as she scrolled through her WhatsApp messages. Her class for the day had been cancelled. She was thankful she wouldn't have to worry about hitching a ride with Salihat. Besides she was in a foul mood.

"Don't you have class?" Ene asked her from the bathroom while she took her bathe.

"It was cancelled." Funmilayo answered.

"Abeg wake Daniella she's supposed to have a class by 8." Ene said again.

"She said she isn't going." Funmilayo said and Ene laughed not surprised knowing Daniella didn't like to stress herself at all.