Chapter Thirty-Five

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

"Eleanora! A handwritten note alongside a barely intelligible text is not enough of an excuse to disappear off to Italy without hardly any warning." Allison Hadley chastised her daughter over the phone, itching to get home so she would be able to say it in person. 

"Was the barely intelligible part because you need glasses or because I was writing that text message while falling asleep?" Ellie asked with a smirk, as she stepped into her house shortly after she had been dropped off from her return flight back to Forks. 

"Eleanora!" Allison warned. 

"Okay fine, you know my reasons for going after Bella and trying to bring her home." Ellie continued, a serious expression coming over her face as she lied with the flawless cover story. "No matter what you say I'm not going to regret my decision, Mum. But I'm happy to accept any consequences you set for my lack of informing you and keeping you updated."

"Well, you are grounded for the foreseeable future."

"Yeah, that was to be expected." Ellie returned. "Although surely we can both agree that even this doesn't knock out Elijah's top spot of naughty behavior."

"And just because I have to go right now doesn't mean we aren't continuing this conversation later," Allison continued sternly, ignoring her daughter's last comment despite the smile that traced its way onto her face. 

"Noted," Ellie replied, noticing the increasing noise on her Mum's end. "I'll talk to you later."

"Bye, Eleanora." Allison finished, Ellie wincing at the use of her full name once more. 

Ellie shook her head slightly, a smile crossing her face as she let out a small laugh out loud in her joy, before she headed up the stairs, pushing her door open, eyes narrowing at the sight in front of her. 

"Once again what is it with you lot and disappearing before breaking into my house again?" Ellie asked with a raised eyebrow. "I've really got to sit you all down and have a conversation about this because it's starting to get out of hand."

"Hey, Ellie." 

Ellie Hadley knew that it was only a matter of time before Jasper Hale came to visit her especially since the news of the Cullens moving back had reached her. She just hadn't quite expected it to be the second that she walked in the door on her return from Italy. But then again this was Jasper, who had clearly missed her just as much as Alice had mentioned, Ellie missing him equally as much if not more. Even then, she couldn't stop the smirk that appeared on her face. 

"You asshole!" Ellie shouted, watching the smile dropping off Jasper's face before she immediately threw her arms around him.

"I guess that's justified." Jasper chuckled, pulling Ellie as closely as he could without hurting her. 

"I can go back to being pissed off at you if you want." Ellie joked, before pulling back to look at Jasper in the eye, Jasper's heads immediately going to her wrists. "But I have seriously missed you, idiot."

"I've missed you too, Ellie. More than I have probably admitted to myself." Jasper returned. "I'm going to try something if you don't mind, El. Do you trust me?" 

"Always have, always will," Ellie returned with a smile, as Jasper leaned forward, connecting their lips together as he kissed her, Ellie shortly kissing back. It was short, but sweet, the pair breaking away a few moments later. "Only took you leaving for six months to build up the confidence for that, huh?" 

"The chance was always there for you too, El. Can't blame me if you didn't take it." Jasper joked, as Ellie poked him in the ribs with a wide smile. 

Ellie Hadley found herself back in the Cullen household for the first time in months. Not much had changed, she was still welcomed in like she was a member of the family immediately, if you just ignored the last few months. 

"Heard you fell asleep in front of the Volturi," Emmett started, bounding up the brunette before pulling her into a hug, shortly after she had entered into the room with Jasper. The rest of the family gathered and waiting for Bella and Edward.

"Not my finest moment, I'll admit." Ellie returned with a laugh. "Bloody fossil belongs in a museum rather than picking through my thoughts while I sleep." She continued as the family chuckled at her response, Ellie walking to the side of the room near Jasper and Alice at the sound of a door opening and footsteps entering into the room. 

"You all know what I want." Bella started, glancing around the room. "And I know how much I'm asking for. I think the only way for it to be fair is to vote." 

"You don't know what you're talking about," Edward stated. 

"Shut up," Bella hissed at him before looking back to the rest of the family, Ellie sending her a small, proud smile. "Alice."

Alice walked forward with a wide smile. "I already consider you a sister." She said, pulling Bella into a hug. "Yes!"

"I vote, yes," Jasper interjected, intertwining his hand with Ellie's. "It would be nice to not wanna kill you all the time."

"I'm sorry," Rosalie started. "I'm really sorry to both of you for how I've acted. And I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go save my brother. But this isn't a life I would've chosen for myself. And I wish there had been someone to vote no for me. So, no."

"I vote hell yeah," Emmett exclaimed, stepping forward to hug Bella and swinging her around, similar to what he had done to Ellie moments earlier. "We can pick a fight with the Volturi some other way." 

"I already consider you a part of the family." Esme started. "Yes."

Carlisle left his wife's side, walking up to Bella before looking at Edward who was standing on the steps above. 

"Why are you doing this to me?" Edward asked. "Don't do this to me." 

"You've chosen not to live without her. Which leaves me no choice." Carlisle answered, turning back to Bella and giving her a small nod. 

"Ellie?" Bella prompted facing her best friend. 

"Well, it's not really my choice nor does my vote really matter," Ellie begun, as everyone's eyes turned to her. "But in light of recent events, I'm going to stick with you throughout most decisions you make, apart from those few that even I don't want to be apart of. But I'm going to support you through this even if it's not something I choose for myself, so yes." Ellie finished with a small nod, despite the few shocked looks sent her way.