Heather

This is a deather one short

Not sure how too feel.

__________

I still remember third of December
Me in your sweater, you said it looked better
On me, than it did you, only if you knew
How much I liked you,

Courtney was sitting in a booth, in a cafe waiting for Duncan. Her and Duncan had been best friends since, what seems like birth. Courtney has always had a secret crush on Duncan. It started in middle school, when he stuck up for her. A kid named Jo was bullying her. She never let anyone know.

There was a ding signaling that a person came in.  Courtney looked towards the door and saw Duncan. He walked up to her and smiled. "Hey princess." He said as she gets up and hugs him.

"Hello" she said,  sitting back down smiling. He sits across from her. "So I was wondering if you wanted to go to the carnival this Saturday?" She asked.

He chuckled, "Princess. You could have just texted or called me" he said.

"Shut up" she said, reaching over and softly punching him in the shoulder.

"Sure. I'll go with you" he said.

"Good" she said. A waiter walked up to them

"Hello. What would you like to have today?" She asked. Her name tag said 'Jessica'.

"Um, can I get a bagel, with cream cheese" duncan asked. Jessica wrote down his order and turned to Courtney.

"Can I get a salted caramel mocha frappe" Courtney order. Jessica nodded and walked away.

"Well princess, looks like I found someone who has a pole father up their butt." Duncan said.

"I do not!" She said. Duncan laughed.

"Yeah, ok." Duncan said.

Minutes later Jessica walks up with Duncan's bagel and Courtney's coffee.

"Hey! Lady! Can we get the check?!" Duncan yells out,just as Jessica walks away from the booth.

"Sure" she muttered and rolled her eyes walking away.

"Duncan!" Courtney whisper-yelled. "That was rude." She said.

"But also funny as hell" he says as Jessica walks up. She sets the check down.

Courtney starts to pull out the money, "I will cut your hand off, if you try to pay" Duncan said.

"Fine, fine" she said playfully rolling her eyes. Duncan pays and they walk out the shop with their order.

The walk and talk until they find their selves in a park and sitting on a bench.

Courtney shivers and Duncan noticed and took his leather jacket off. "Here princess" Duncan said wrapping his jacket around her shoulders.

"Thanks" Courtney said looking away so he couldn't see her blush.

but I watch your eyes
As she walks by
What a sight for sore eyes
Brighter than a blue sky
She's got you mesmerized
While I die