Test Drive

I can't believe it. I have wings. Holy fuck.

How is this possible? Demons aren't supposed to have wings. I know that I'm half archangel but this is just unbelievable.

"Oh my god, Eren, you have wings? And they're beautiful!" Hanji exclaimed.

Slowly, I stood up, making sure my wings didn't hit anything and knock something over.

My wings were black but faded into white at the tips. They were the same size as Levi's but a little slimmer.

"Levi, what is going on?" I asked him, getting a little worried.

"I don't know, Eren, but I think it has to do with you being half archangel,"

Hanji's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her head.

"You're half archangel, Eren!?" By now, she was grinning ear to ear.

"Yeah, Hanji, I'll explain later,"

Levi walked closer to me then began to walk in a circle around me seemingly examining my wings. He stopped in front of me.

"This is probably a part of your transition into a hybrid, Eren," Levi concluded.

I nodded in agreement.

Hanji looked like she was having a field day with all this information coming to light.

"Um, Levi, quick question, how do I get rid of them?"

"Just picture in your mind, your wings retracting back into your body,"

I did as he told me but nothing happened.

"It's not working," I sighed.

"Don't just picture it, visualize it, feel the wings retreating back into your body,"

I took a deep breath and tried again. I pictured and visualized the wings slowly moving and absorbing back into me.

The way my wings went back into my body was different than how it was when I watched Levi do it. It was like my wings were being absorbed into my skin rather than my body and made it look like I had one giant tattoo on my back.

"Wow, Eren, that's incredible, I've never seen anything like it," Levi said with amazement. He walked around me again to look at my back which now had a 'tattoo' of angel wings.

"Now, can someone explain to me what in the freaking hell is going on because I feel like I'm about to explode over here!?" Hanji shouted.

"Yeah, Hanji, I'll explain everything, but you might want to sit down for this," I answered her and she nodded then quickly took a seat on the couch, Levi and I sitting down next to her.

For the next ten minutes, Levi and I explained everything to Hanji. With every word, she became more and more jittery the more excited she was about the concept of me being half archangel. 

When we were done telling Hanji the truth about me, she had a million questions and over half of them we didn't have the answer to like 'do I have any weird abilities that come with being a hybrid?' to 'is being a hybrid the reason why I can get pregnant?'.

"Hanji, stop asking so many questions that I don't have the answer to. The only thing that I know is that I'm a hybrid," I told her.

"If you're a hybrid, do you know which of your parents was the archangel?"

"Yeah, it was my mom,"

"How do you know?"

"Because I've seen my dad's demon shift before. He was the one that taught me how to control my own shift. I've always thought that my mom was just a normal human, guess I was wrong," I frowned at the thought of my parents and how much I really didn't know about them.