It Must Be A Love Potion

Zacznij od początku

Historically, of the two of them, it was overwhelmingly Luz that asked Amity if she wanted to hang out. That had been changing in the last month or so. They had actually ended up spending a lot of time together ever since Amity's leg had healed from their grudgby match against Boscha. They would meet up to talk about Azura, or other books they found. Sometimes Amity would ask questions about the Human Realm, and Luz would tell her about it - Amity had even gone out of her way to help Luz study when she struggled with learning the basics of Abomination Magic. It was because of her that Luz had been able to not only learn the Glyphs for Abomination Magic, but could also now summon an Abomination that didn't immediately try to attack her.

The pair of them had grown closer.

A lot closer.

Just thinking about that made Luz smile. And motivated her to pick up the pace just a little bit.

She saw her destination a lot sooner than she ended up actually arriving there. Even if it wasn't visually distinctive - It was a giant tree that had bright pink leaves, and towered above the rest of the trees that surrounded it - Luz still would have been able to identify it from a mile away; It was the sight that she and Amity had defeated Grometheus together during Grom.

Its size, how it towered over the other trees, and the contrast of the dark greens of its surroundings against its pink and cherry colours meant that Luz saw it about ten minutes before she got close to it. Like walking to a wind turbine back on Earth. All the while, she had focused on it, remembering the day it sprouted, and the days since then.

So much had changed since then.

Luz approached the base of the tree, and just stared at it for a few seconds. It really was enormous. It's size in relation to her, both in height and width, was slightly staggering and almost intimidating, now that she wasn't high on adrenaline and could appreciate its sheer scale. A small part of her couldn't help but feel a pang of pride at it though, as she placed her palm against the wood - It had been her and Amity that had made this thing. A combination of their Magic. She was responsible for this new landmark of the Boiling Isles, at least in part.

A small grin appeared on her face as she thought about that. Then she took a glance around, and took her hand back. "Alright, where are you, Amity?" She asked, mostly talking to herself.

Punctual as she was, Luz found it difficult to believe that Amity was the one running late here. Amity was always on time. The tree was big enough that it could obscure a person. Maybe she was on the other side? Luz opted to check.

Sure enough, there she was.

Leaning against the base of the tree and sat down, Amity was looking over the cliff and out at the ocean. She was wearing the outfit she always seemed to wear when neither of them had classes that day, and there was a flask next to her. There was an expression on her face that told Luz she was concentrating. Focused. She didn't even seem to realise that Luz was there. Either there was something very interesting out in the middle of the ocean - There wasn't, at least not anything Luz could see - or she had something on her mind.

It wasn't an expression Luz had grown unaccustomed to seeing over the last couple of months. But it was one she found hard to look away from all the same. Luz just kind of... Stopped to watch it for a moment, against her brain telling her that she should probably announce her presence.

From the flask she had with her - A very un-unique, bland looking one - Amity took a drink from it, before sighing and placing it next to her. Almost immediately it fell over with an empty echo, and rolled away from her, and towards Luz, who watched it roll until it collided with her foot. She knelt down, picked it up, and stood back up.