22

I point to Rae across the baseball house as she screams the lyrics to some rap song

I point to Rae across the baseball house as she screams the lyrics to some rap song. I throw my head back laughing Lacey, Julie, and Braden are in front of me, Tori stands beside me on the table. I haven't seen Asher or any of the boys since we got here. We all spread out and went to do our own thing. I throw back some more of my drink. I laugh as some of it drips down my cheek and I wipe it off with the back of my hand.

I really convinced myself that I would stop drinking and here I am drinking again. Story of my life.

"Holy shit, it's hot," Tori says fanning herself as the song switches over. I nod my head tightening my ponytail. I can see the moisture on the ceiling from the number of people in this place right now. Everyone is going insane tonight after our home game. I glance down at Lacey and Braden

"Get me up!" Lacey yells up at the two of us. I laugh and offer her a hand. Braden pushes her hips up while I grab ahold of her hand. The two of us help her onto the table and I hold her steady. Braden shoots me a look of 'thanks.' I offer him a thumbs up in response.

He glances at Lacey before nodding his head. I watch as he walks over to the corner where the rest of his teammates are. They are huddled by the couches and I can't help but take note of the line of girls in front of them.

Do. Not. Engage.

"Have fun!" Lacey yells in my ear making me look away from them. Her blonde hair is pulled into a bun and I can tell by her glassy blue eyes she's drunk.

"I am!" I yell back as my eyes flick over to the boys again. I see Jeremy and Robbie chatting away with a blonde I don't recognize with Rae standing beside them. Next to them is Trey and Asher talking to fucking Kristen. Here we go again with this shit.

They are such little liars about how they hate her. Why talk to her if they hate her? After Tori and I did our best stalking we could. I found out she's in a sorority and her sidekick's name is Maddie.

"Dance with me then!" She doesn't leave me room to protest, she grabs my arm spinning me around. I have to hold steady and make sure I don't dump my drink on the group of people in front of us.

"Lacey, you are going to make me throw up," I giggle as she slows us down. She's laughing too looking behind her at Braden and Michael. I raise an eyebrow at her and she slightly shoves me away with an eye roll.

"Don't even."

"I didn't say anything!" I yell back putting my hands up in defense. She looks at with a knowing look. She's right I was thinking about her little love triangle between her and the two boys. I am not sure how she is balancing the two especially when they are best friends but she's doing it.

I can barely balance Asher.

"You wanna talk in the kitchen?" she asks me in my ear. Tori, Julie, and Rae seem to be doing fine so I nod my head. She smiles at me hopping off of the table and I bend down to tap Julie. She turns around startled but relaxes when she realizes it's me.