45

Fuck

Fuck. I can't even fucking look at my history notes without wanting to punch something. I launch the history textbook at my door as it smacks it with a loud bang. I can't fucking believe we did that. Over fucking Braden and Lacey. It did not have to fucking end like that and fuck it feels weird not seeing her hungover in my bed. Or just not here at all. I lean back in my desk chair looking at the poster of Michael Jordan hanging in my room. Carter should not have ended up in the middle of the fight. Part of me understands why she did it but if Michael Burke punched her I think I would lose my shit. If he had punched her I would have been kicked off of the team without a second thought. He would probably be in the fucking hospital right now.

I run a hand across my clenched jaw as I feel the ache growing through my jawbone. I barely slept last night I want her here. I want to fix this shit and I know that is exactly what I have to fucking do. I have to fess up to the bullshit I have been keeping from her. Fuck.

I pick up another textbook to fucking launch when my door opens. Jeremy's hands are up in surrender as he steps into my room. "I am not sure if you want this right now but someone is here for you."

"Who," I bite out to him. He makes a face before looking behind him. He opens the door up a little more and I stare blankly at her. Oh, what the fuck. Kristen is standing there in a pair of ripped jeans and a tight cropped top. "Oh, you have to be fucking kidding me."

"Hi Asher," she says trying to take a step forward. I shake my head at her shoving my desk chair back. I do not need her to show the fuck up right now. I need to go talk to Carter and fix this shit.

"You need to get the fuck out," I bite out at her walking out of my room. Jeremy slides in front of me putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Asher, you know we need to talk," she says batting her stupid fucking fake lashes at me. I clench my fist in anger breathing heavily.

"No, we fucking don't. We don't need to do fucking shit," I yell at her lightly grabbing her arm. I feel her long ass fingernails graze against my forearm making me rip my arm from hers. I see anger flash in her blue eyes but it instantly turns back to pity.

"I heard about you and Carter," she says reaching out to me again. I snap my head at her and Jeremy joins me.

"What," I say speechless. Did Carter really start telling people? No why fucking would she? "Kristen shut the fuck up you don't know shit. So, get the hell out of my house."

She looks stunned by my words as I make my way to the stairs. I know, well I am hoping, she will follow. When I hear her and Jeremy's footsteps following me as she pleads for me to listen to her. I am not. The only thing I am thinking about is how I need to go to Carter's dorm. So we can talk this out and I can admit to everything.

"But what about what I know!" she shrieks from behind me. I know she is begging now. This is her last shot for me and her to ever be a thing. Little does she know that I can't see myself with anyone else but Carter. Even if she does piss me the fuck off and not know when to stay the hell out of fights. But, I love that about her. I love that she would do anything for her friends. That she is loyal without fail even though Lacey is one shitty-ass friend.