I search around frantically until my gaze lands on a thick trail of smoke coming from the bright, yellow interceptor a fair distance to my right. My heart stops beating momentarily as I realise what this means.

"Anakin." I gasp.

I can tell Artoo is still active, otherwise the ship would have crashed by now. That gives me hope that the ship won't crash, but how Anakin will get out is another story.

He needs help, and there is no way I'm going to sit by and watch him remain helpless.

"Change of plan. Head toward Anakin and Ahsoka." I order, my voice stern from my determination to help the man I love.

"What about the mission?" Cal asks.

"The mission can wait." I snap.

I flip some control switches within my interceptor to adjust it for faster travel. I no longer need to worry about making sharp turns and sudden dives. All I need to focus on now is getting to Anakin.

I set my ship to the fastest possible speed. At this rate I am risking blowing up my own engine. Even though I am going as fast as I can, it is not fast enough. I won't be able to reach him in time.

When I begin to lose all hope of saving the one I love most in the galaxy, something unexpected happens. The hatch of Ahsoka's interceptor opens up while she is still in the air, and she climbs out onto the wing.

She's going to leap from her ship to Anakin's.

Anakin's interceptor crashes into the cliff ledge up ahead and glides roughly along the surface with no sign of slowing down. I try to make my ship go faster to prevent Ahsoka from endangering herself, but it's no use.

I watch ahead helplessly as Ahsoka makes the jump from her ship in the air to Anakin's. It continues to travel closer to the edge, when suddenly Ahsoka ignites her lightsaber. She cuts into the ship, opens the hatch and grabs Anakin out. She springs off the wing and lands back on the ledge with my unconscious husband. Soon after, Artoo flies up from the edge and lands back with them.

I hastily land my ship without worrying about the consequences for the mission. Anakin is my husband, therefore he is my top priority. Ahsoka begins to walk from Anakin as I climb out of my interceptor and a smirk appears on my face when she notices me.

"Hey (Y/N)." She calls.

Anakin quickly stands up upon hearing my name and turns to me. As soon as I see his face, I lose all self control. I run toward him, not caring who sees, and engulf him in a tight embrace. If I had it my way, I would never let go of him again.

I break out of his embrace after a few seconds and place my hands on his upper arms.

"Are you okay?" I ask with a shaky voice.

"I am now." He replies with a soft, sweet smile.

I relish in the familiar feeling of his presence in the Force. The previous absence of his presence is something I never want to experience again. It was one of the most concerning and terrifying moments of my life.

Cals coughs to remind us of where we are. When we look at him and Ahsoka, the first thing I notice is the knowing smiles on their faces. I choose to ignore this and instead bring up something of greater importance.

"You saved his life, Ahsoka, by risking your own." I say.

"He would've done the same for me." She shrugs.

I outstretch my arms and pull her in for a hug. Ahsoka is like a younger sister to me so this isn't the first time I've hugged her, but I feel as though it is necessary in this situation.