Chapter 1

"You don't have to do that son. We already have good educational facilities here. You don't have to go so far." Dylia Blackstone said standing behind her son.

"I know that mother but I want to go. Now is the time for me. Once I am the alpha I won't have this freedom." Arsenio Blackstone said as he was busy packing his bags ready to leave the place even if it was not for a very long time.

"He is right Dylia," Mason Blackstone entered the room agreeing to what his son had said. "Once he is the alpha he will be busy with the works here. The chains of responsibility will never set him free. Who can know that better than you and I. You being the Luna of the pack yourself have so many responsibilities on your shoulder and my case isn't any different." Mason Blackstone put his hand on his wife's shoulder calming her down.

"You two father - son can do whatever you want to." Saying that Dylia Blackstone walked out of the room.

Arsenio closed his suitcase and turned around to face his father. He sighed looking towards the door from where his mother just exited.

"You don't have to worry about her son, she just can't see her only child leaving. I will take care of your mother here and you have to promise me that you will take care of yourself. Okay?" Mason Blackstone said.

Arsenio nodded. "I am glad that at least you understand me father."

"I understand you because I was once in your age Arsenio. I know the crave for freedom. You have lived here for 16 years, I can feel the hunger that's inside of you to see and live the outer world."

"Thanks father, you are seriously the best father in the world." Arsenio hugged his father.

Mason Blackstone broke the hug and patted Arsenio's shoulder. "I trust you son. I know you will do nothing that might bring any harm or shame to our pack. You will carry forward the legacy your ancestors left behind and one day you will be a true leader of the pack."

Arsenio listened to his father attentively. He knew one day he had to take over his father's place and lead the pack. He was often reminded about his position and his responsibilities. And honestly Arsenio was ready. He never feared or hated anything about it. He was well aware of the name and pride his pack had among other werewolves pack all around the world. Being born in the 'Venerate Werewolves' the first existing, strongest and most powerful werewolves on Earth, he knew the hardship it's leader had to go through to maintain the reputation.

"I know father. I promise you, I will never let you down." Arsenio replied.

Mason hugged his son again and closed his eyes, calming himself down. Arsenio also hugged his father and buried his face on his father's shoulder. He did not want to leave his parents, but he could not even ask them to come with him after all they were the Alpha and Luna of their pack.

"So, you've packed everything that you need?" Mason asked trying to cool the emotional environment around them.

"Yes father."

"Take this as well." Arsenio took out a key from his pocket that was attached with a wolf key ring.

"What is this for dad?"

"Take it as your farewell gift from my side and your mother's side."

"What?" Arsenio gave a short laughter and took the key admiring the key- ring. The wolf in the key- ring was just like his own wolf form.

"We bought you an apartment near your college, this key is of that apartment."

"Apartment? But dad I thought, I will be living in the college hostel." Arsenio sounded addled.

"Don't worry son, we are not taking you away from your fun hostel life, but whenever you are sad or you don't feel like being there you can stay in the apartment. And you have still not been able to control your wolf form completely, so it's better if you stay in the apartment on full moon nights" Mason concentrated on his last word.

Arsenio chuckled hearing his dad. "Don't worry dad. Hanky- Panky only after marriage okay?"

"Yeah, that's my son speaking."

"Are you two going to stop talking now? Arsenio is leaving tomorrow morning. Let him take some rest till then." Dylia again entered the room and scolded the two.

"Okay okay I was just leaving." Mason raised his hands surrendering himself. "Goodnight Arsenio. Sleep well my son."

"I will dad."

Dylia just walked off not giving a glance towards her son.

"Goodnight to you too mom. Don't go to bed angry." Arsenio shouted well aware his mother could still hear him.

He carried the suitcase that was on his bed and kept it in one corner of the room. He fell straight to his bed and looked at the ceiling. "Finally..." He said and closed his eyes.

***

"Are you finish packing my child?" Gloria Relish entered the room and looked around .

'Yes mom." Tiana Relish Pearls said keeping the suitcase away from her bed.

"Aww my daughter, you grew up so soon. Here I feel like it was just yesterday you that you were a toddler and now you are already leaving for college." Gloria said holding Tiana on both sides of her hand.

"Mom." Tiana said it in a sluggish tone. "This is already hard for me and you are making it even harder. Even I don't want to go away from you guys, but I have to."

Gloria rubbed Tiana's hand understanding what she meant.

"I know sweetheart, I am sorry."

"Please don't apologize mom. It's not like I am going forever."

Gloria just nodded.

"And by the way, have dad and Karson gone to bed already."

Before Gloria could answer that they heard a sounds coming from the door.

"Happy farewell to you, happy farewell to you, happy farewell dear Tiana, happy farewell to you." Ravid Relish and Karson Relish entered the room, both of them were holding a tray that had chocolate cake on it with colorful candles.