"Cage?" David asked

"Dog cage." Patton clarified for his dad.

"Shit Patton...I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry for leaving you with her. I wanted to get a new place before I went back for you and...fuck I'm sorry." David said, stressed out.

"I see now that you have a place, so why didn't you come for me?" Patton asked

His dad seemed nervous, "Did you forget about me?" Patton questioned.

"No! I didn't, I wouldn't. Things just got crazy and..." David started but he trailed off.

"I see, well that's all I needed. Come on Gage, I want to go home." Patton said standing up.

"Wait Patton, do you have a phone? I would like to keep in contact with you." His dad said standing up too.

"I wouldn't." Patton said smiling softly and grabbing my hand to leave.

"Patton-" His dad tried

"Bye David, bye strange lady." Patton said while opening the front door and letting us leave.

We left and started to walk home, "Patton?" I asked

"Yes Gage?" He said looking at me

"I thought you would have liked him. You seemed like you liked him before we got here." I said confused

"I didn't want you to see me in that kind of light, love." He said, sighing while smiling softly.

"I've seen you kill people, what's different here?" I asked

"Fine my love. If you wish to know, I'm not actually fond of my father. He left me alone with the bitch and didn't come back." He explained

"Alright, that's all I want Patton. Just the truth." I said honestly.

"I'm sorry Gage, I don't do it again." Patton said worriedly.

Once we got home Maggie and Dad were already starting on dinner, "Oh Hey, where were you guys?" Maggie asked

"Just went on a walk." Patton explained

"Oh alright, dinner will be ready soon." Dad said, smiling a bit.

Patton dragged me upstairs and took something out of the books, "What are you doing Patton?" I asked

He looked back at me, "Just some candy, do you want some?" He asked holding up a packet of MnM's.

Shaking my head a bit, "No I'm good, I'm gonna take a shower." I said and he nodded quickly.

"Ok Gage." Patton said, smiling widely.

Going into the bathroom I turned on the shower and stared at myself in the mirror. Lightly pushing my hair out of my eyes, "God I look like death." I whispered

Once the shower was at a good temperature I went inside and relaxed against the warm water.

I was never one for bathing, mostly because I think if I take too long then it's a waste of water. So I tend not to take long in it, but today I wanted to be selfish.

That's exactly what I did, instead of a 10 minutes shower I took 15...so proud of myself. Not exactly, but I thought I would feel better.

After showers I always felt like crap. I don't know why, I just do. Yeah showers are supposed to be relaxing but afterwards it's cold and reality is back.

"Gage?" I heard someone call as I wrapped my towel around myself.

"Yes?" I answered not drying myself yet.

"Are you alright? You've been in there for 30 minutes." Patton asked worriedly.

30 minutes? Wow, I guess I was in here longer than I thought.

"Yeah, I'll be out soon." I said holding the towel closer to myself.

Quietly I got ready for bed and dinner. When I got out I went to our room and took out my phone and opened my contacts.

Christian's contact was open and stared at it. Choosing not to talk to him I set my phone back and looked behind me.

Patton stood looking at me, "Are you alright? You look sad." Patton said walking closer and lightly touched my cheek.

"Don't touch me please." I suddenly said, shocking myself a bit.

Slowly Patton took away his hand and looked a bit hurt, "I'm sorry Gage."

Walking out of the room I walked down stairs to the living room to see dinner ready.

They all talked in discussion of things but I kept out of it. Dad had asked if something was wrong, but I told him that I didn't want to talk about it.

While getting in bed Patton still looked worried, "Gage?" He asked

Sighing, I answered, "What Patton?"

"What's bothering you?" He asked

"I don't want to talk about it, Patton. Just go to sleep." I said, turning in my covers and facing the wall.

"Gage please, tell me what's bothering you. I just want to know..." Patton said sitting on the other side of the bed.

"Go to sleep Patton." I repeated and I felt the bed shift so that Patton was laying beside me.

"No Patton, sleep in your own bed today." I said turning over and pushing him off my bed.

He hit the floor but didn't make a sound instead he peeked his head up at me, "Gage..." He whispered

"Sleep in your own bed." I repeated.

"But Gage...I've always slept with you..." He acknowledged me.

"Not today Patton, just not today." I said softly and watched him look down at my sheets.

"I'm sorry Gage, did I do something wrong?" Patton asked

"Just sleep in your own bed tonight." I said for a final time turning back towards the wall.

I didn't hear anything so I expected Patton to still be on the floor.

Fun Fact: The shower scene is actually how I feel about showers.

Words: 2039