"Why?" I asked, wanting to know.

"I don't remember much about my mother's nature before or after he left. But, I don't want to see either, there's no good memories of her that I have anymore." He said looking at the houses.

"Oh..." I whispered

"Don't worry my love. I promise nothing will go wrong and if something does go wrong I promise you won't get hurt." He said stopping and holding my face in his hands.

"Come on, we're almost there." He said smiling and walking closer to a certain house.

He walked up to a house and I was right behind him. Knocking on the door a few times we waited until it opened.

When it did there was a woman standing there, "Oh hi. Umm, can I help you?" She asked curiously.

"I'm here to see David." Patton said bluntly.

"Oh, uh ok. May I ask who you are?" She questioned staring at us.

"His son that he abandoned 11 years ago." Patton said casually, making the lady's eyes go wide.

"David!" She yelled.

I stood behind Patton but when he turned to me he just slightly smoothed down my hair, "Don't worry, my love." He whispered

A man came down who looked a bit like Patton, but I assume everything else about Patton was from his mother, "Yes?" The man asked

"Hi Dad." Patton said, staring at the man and the man stared back.

"Patton?" He asked

"Patton Harrison." Patton clarified.

The man came closer to look at us, "Uhh, how are you?" The man, I guess David, asked.

"Fine, I wanted to see if you were dead or alive. I mean you did leave for 11 years so, gotta wonder." Patton said chuckling but it fell after a second.

Just a second ago he seemed excited to meet his dad, but now he's pissed off. True colors maybe? Just being nice in front of me, but bloody when I turn around?

I mean, that's what he's been doing for years.

"Why don't you come inside Patton? I can explain." David said and the woman let us inside and he led us to a table.

"Who's this Patton?" David asked

"His name is Gage." Patton answered.

Once we sat down David seemed to be sweating, "Are you ok? How is your mother?" David asked

"In jail. Got arrested after telling me to stand on train tracks." Patton said, crossing his arms at his dad.

His dad seemed to be nervous, "Oh, who have you been with?" He asked

"Gage's parents, well dad and his dad's girlfriend." Patton explained, "Why didn't you come back for me?" Patton asked, getting straight to the point.

"I tried but your mother always said that you were out." His dad tried to explain.

"I was never allowed out, mom always said 'the devil' wasn't allowed out." Patton said, putting quotes over 'the devil' part.

"Oh my god Patton, I'm so sorry. When did you get away from her?" His dad asked

"When I was 9, I wanted to make mom happy so she wouldn't hit me. So I picked the lock on the cage and let myself out." Patton explained bluntly.