Christmas shopping with Leorio

"ARE YOU READY YET!"
"No!"

Kurapika and Leorio were at the house getting ready to go shopping for Gon and Killua. It was around 10:45am on December 20th. Leorio was sitting on his chair while Kurapika was still getting ready. Gon and Killua were staying home by themselves but they were fine alone.

"Hurry up! I bet you look fine." Leorio continued to shout at Kurapika before he had enough of him yelling came out. His hair was fluffier than normal and he had his earring in.
"Sorry my hairs a mess, you rushed me."
"Don't blame it on me" Kurapika grabbed Leorio's hand and dragged him out of the house while saying goodbye to Gon and Killua. They both got in the car, Leorio sitting in the drivers seat while Kurapika sat in the passengers fixing his hair, again.

"Stop messing with it, it looks cute fluffy"
"No it doesn't"
"Yes it does leave it alone" Leorio reached over to the mirror and shut it.
"Oh my god"
"Shush" Leorio pat his head while focusing on the road. "Where are we going first?"
"Uhh" Kurapika pulled out his phone and brought up a note of lists they were going to visit. "Grace field farm for a tree"
"That's the first place?"
"Yeah it closes at like 2 and it takes a while to shop there"
"It's far away you think we have enough time?"
"Mmm probably it's only like 30 minutes away and it's not hard to find a tree"

30 minutes later

Kurapika and Leorio both got out of the car in sync and Leorio locked the door. They both walked into the area where the trees were and started to look for the perfect tree.

"Oh what about this one?" Kurapika ran over to a generally tall tree, maybe a half foot taller than him and played with the pines. "It's soft feel it" Leorio reached his hand out to feel the soft pine.
"Ooh this would be good but it's not the fullest tree."
"Ah you're right" he fixed his hair a bit and went back to browsing for trees.

The two were browsing through the outdoor trees for a little now and Kurapika was getting visibly cold, he was shivering and his lips were turning slightly purple.
"Can we go inside soon?" Kurapika said with a shiver
"Yeah what's wrong"
"Nothing I'm just cold" Leorio looked at Kurapika for a second and gave him his jacket. "Hey!" Kurapika blushed and took off the coat. "What's wrong I thought you were cold."
"I am but you don't need to give me your coat."
"Take it."
"No"
"Kurapika...."
"What, and lower your voice."
"Take it"
"No because you'll get cold."
"Ahhhhh alright but we're going inside now" he sighed and took his coat back but held his hand.
"Let's walk around a bit more I can take it" Kurapika smiled and continued to walk with Leorio.

It's been 30 minutes and they still haven't found a proper tree.
"What the hell where are the good trees?!"
"We haven't checked inside, Leorio."
"Oh, right"

They both went inside the building where all the ordainments, decorations, apple cider, trees, and pastries were and looked for more trees. Eventually Kurapika found one similar to outside but was fuller and the branches were stronger.

"Hey look at this one Leorio!" Kurapika went over to the tree and pointed to it. Leorio walked over to it and felt it.
"It's basically the same thing but fuller and stronger." He checked the price tag. "HUH??!! 20,000 Jenny?!!"
"Sorry it's so much..."
"Ah no need to say sorry I'll still get it. I'll go look for a worker stay here." Kurapika stood by the tree while Leorio looked for a worker.

5 minutes passed and Leorio still wasn't back.
10 minutes passed and Leorio still wasn't back
20 minutes passed and Leorio still still wasn't back
30 minutes passed and Leorio still wasn't back

After waiting for so long Kurapika started to call him, no answer. He sighed texted him, no answer.

40 minutes passed and Leorio finally came back. Kurapika ran up to him
"Where were you! I was so worried!" Leorio looked down and him and patted his head.
"No worries I was just finding someone."
"Oh." Kurapika smiled at him and walked back over to the tree.

"Who's name will it be under?" The worker grabbed the tag and pulled out a pen
"Kurapika"
"Alright" the worker wrote down his name and ripped part of the tag off.
"Take this to the register and pay for the tree, we'll have this ready under 30 minutes."
"Okay" Leorio took the tag and started to walk away
"Thank you!" Kurapika ran after Leorio and followed behind him.

Soon enough they both arrived at the car and they waited for the tree to be prepared. Kurapika walked over to Leorio and stood beside him to warm them both up. Almost as if on queue a beautiful song came on over the radio. It was nothing like the normal Christmas music that was played during that time of year. It was a slow pace song with no vocals in it. It was oddly calming which put them both at ease. Kurapika smiled and took Leorio hands.

"Eh? What?"
"Cmon let's dance!" Leorio sighed with a smiled and happily followed Kurapika's lead and started to dance with him.
"You know I'm really happy we got to do this, I missed spending time with you since I've been so busy"
"Me too, I've been worried you are overworking yourself trying to get revenge and I'm just worried about you" Kurapika smiled almost in relief, like he was happy to know that Leorio truly does care for him.
"Thank you but please don't stress yourself I'm alright."
"Promise?" Kurapika nodded in response and hugged him stopping their dance.

"I promise"