Love | TodoBaku

Yeahhh, we're not gonna talk about how I didn't update for like a month and a half-

- - - - - - - - -

"You forgot. You really forgot about our anniversary."

Katsuki's eyes widen as he closes the front door. He just got home from the agency, and they have been giving him a lot more work than usual. It's been an extremely stressful week, but Shoto doesn't really buy that story. "You asshole."

"What? Shoto, we went over this. The agency is making me take more hours. I don't understand why, but I promise I didn't forget! I came back home to start preparing something for you, but I didn't know you were off work!" Todoroki glares at the ash blond. "Yeah, right. Even if that story was true, you always prioritize 'work' over me. Why is that? I always cancel from work when you're sick, I always make you the priority, but what about me? You never talk to me!" 

"Because you never listen, dammit!" He yells. "Every fucking time I tell you something that's going on in my life, you brush me off! How the hell do you suppose that makes me feel?! At some point, I just stopped caring, and started working more to provide for our everyday life. You should know how stressful work can be!"

"You think I don't have problems of my own?!" Shoto was furious. "I have plenty of stuff to deal with, so I may get a little irritated when you constantly bother me when I'm trying to work!"

"You're so damn confusing! You were just saying that I never talk to you, but now you're basically saying I talk too much?!" Tears start to gather in the corner of Katsuki's eyes. Why was Shoto so angry with him all of a sudden?

Shoto scowls at the ash blond. "Remember that mission? The one where you almost got fucking killed because you didn't speak up, and thought you could handle it all by yourself? You need to grow up, Katsuki." Katsuki's eyes shot open. "What? I didn't fucking speak up because you knew damn well that I was fighting the villain, you knew he was behind me. Yet you didn't say a thing!" 

"What are you talking about?! I was busy helping civilians, I couldn't see you!" Shoto yells. The tears in Katsuki's eyes well up, and are on the verge of falling over his face. "Stop lying! You know you could see, I saw you look directly at me!"

Shoto rolls his eyes. "Maybe I did! But you needed to pay more attention! I fucking care about you, but you were about to be killed! What do you think would of happened if I wasn't there when you were about to bleed out?!" 

"I had it under control! I had a plan!" Katsuki snarls, eyes brimming with tears. Shoto glares at Katsuki as he speaks. "You almost died! And for what?!" 

"I saved your damn life from that villain!" The tears in Katsuki's eyes finally fall, rolling down his face and onto the ground. "At the risk of almost losing yours. The last thing I want is for you to think I'm grateful for what you did back there." Shoto deadpanned. 

"You sound so concerned about me risking my life, but you didn't even try to save me!" The flashbacks of that mission came back to both of them in an instant. Shoto's eyes start to water with so many emotions. "You put yourself in that position! That wasn't my doing!" Katsuki throws his hands up in the air, extremely frustrated. What did Shoto mean, 'it wasn't his doing'? He is Katsukis boyfriend, he is supposed to protect him! "You could've helped me! Or said something! Anything other than what you actually did!"

Shoto chuckles lightly. "..You know what? I just think it'd be best if we never met. We don't even get along."

Katsuki pauses at that. "..What? Oh my God, do you even hear yourself? You sound just like him, you sound just like your father!" Shoto face contorted into one of shock, as he slams his fist on the table, effectively breaking a glass that fell off in the process. "Don't use Endeavor as an example, I am nothing like him!" Katsuki shuts his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I know you're not, so you need to stop acting like this!"