Episode 9 (The visit)

In a big  white mansion compound, back ground high life music playing solemnly, young men about fifteen in number dressed in the same uniform working so hard to put things in place; trimming the compound's flowers, sweeping, washing the cars and making sure the compound looks clean and attractive. The whole preparation process suggests that a very important personality was coming to visit the mansion.
"And what have you been doing since" said the man in charge in person of Pastor Kay, as he came out through the main entrance to oversee what's going on. "His excellency just called me now that he's on way and there you guys are slowing everything down!" He yelled.

"Sorry sir..." said one of the workers.

"Sorry for yourself" Pastor Kay interrupted. "Listen to me, I won't have any of you paint me bad in the presence of His excellency, cos he knows me  for my orderliness and cleanliness, that's why he chose to come visit my beautiful mansion out of all his executives. Now you all should get to work and be fast at it." He commanded.
"What! Why is that gate dusty! Oh my God" He exclaimed. "Don't  you know the most insignificant dirt could pass the wrong message to him. You guys are not doing your work well. Someone should go  wash that gate right away and make it sparkling clean. Is that clear?" Pastor Kay ordered as he went back into the house.

Few hours later, the visitor arrived in an exotic car accompanied by five others, apart from the last one which contained the securities. On hearing the car's hoot, Pastor Kay had come out of the house to welcome his visitors.

"They are here" Pastor Kay announced. "Everybody please hold your station as we welcome His excellency.

The six cars drove into the big white mansion's compound one after the other ranging from the Ferrari carrying His excellency which comes second after a Range Rover, to the last luxurious pick up carrying the securities.
A young man in black fitted blazer and shinny shoes, came out of the Range Rover to quickly open the door for His Excellency. The sight of His excellency looked so ravishingly as he stepped out all adorned in blue agbada toned with a nice golden cap, wrist watch and ring. The light reflection resulting from sunlight beaming on his shiny shoes could light a room. The scent of his  expensive perfume filled the atmosphere making his presence so intimidating. His classy and fancy appearance can not be over emphasised.

"You are welcome your excellency" Pastor Kay said beaming a big smile.

"Thank you Kayode. I'm happy to see you" His excellency said as he walks towards pastor Kay.

"In fact I'm so honoured to have you here sir. Thank you for having a lowly person like me take your visit."

"Don't mention please. Waw Kayode, I must confess, this is so beautiful" he said referring to the mansion's compound. "Well I'm not too surprised because I can see from the way you handle any work I assigned to you with so much orderliness and cleanliness"

"Ah, your excellency, this coming from you is a great honour to my personality. Thank you so much your excellency. We learnt everything from you, you know"Pastor Kay said as he chuckled.

"Come on Kayode don't flatter me. I mean if your exterior can look as beautiful as this, the interior I know would sweep me off my feet. Everything is so sparkling. Nice job Kayode." His excellency said patting pastor Kay who stood on his right hand. "Now, may we proceed into the house, I can't wait to behold another beauty"

"Of course sir" Pastor Kay said as he opened the entrance door, leading the visitors into the house.

As they entered the house, His excellency and his escorts became uncomfortable with the odour of the room. The living room looked unkept and dirty, there were cob webs on every side of the wall whose paint is changing from white to butter colour. House flies, cockroaches and mosquitoes have made the house their comfort zone and abode. There were rat playing hid and seek from underneath a chair to another.From the guest's toilet, dirty water from the leaking water closet flows out to fill the balcony.  His excellency obviously couldn't bear it any longer so he voiced out.

"Kayode! What's this mess? I thought your wife and children are away? You don't even have little children that can cause this kind of mess, so tell me what's going on here?"

"Your excellency sir... I'm ...I...I am" Pastor Kay stammered

"Why are you stammering? I can't even stay in here anymore" He said and walked out of the house and his escort did the same.While he stood outside, Pastor Kay also walked shamefully out of the house to meet them.

"Kayode I'm disappointed in you. So this is the mess you invited me to come and witness. Are you so irresponsible not to be able to do some basic cleaning? Come on you have enough servants to help you out. Would you have believed that that kind of room exists in this beautiful mansion?" His excellency said speaking at one of his escorts. "Shame on you Kayode! If you can't take care of the interior of your house with the number of servants you have to yourself, I wonder how you have been getting your assignments done neatly and organised. Oh now I see, it's purely eye service as you've even portrayed to us here, you made your exterior look so beautiful and attractive while the interior is something that cannot be behold."

"I'm sorry sir...I ..." Pastor Kay sounded confused because he has been adapted himself to staying in the dirty house, so he was finding it difficult to comprehend His excellency's complain.

"No don't be. Thanks for letting me waste my time today. It's unfortunate I'll be leaving you and your dirty house now" He said as he walked to his car.

"Please sir, don't go back sir. I can still make amends sir." Pastor Kay pleaded walking after him but His excellency ignored him, entered the car and drove off.

                                        ***
"Please sir...please sir...your excellency" Pastor Kay muttered in his sleep and suddenly he woke up gasping.
After Mama Jane left that evening, Pastor Kay felt devastated and depressed. He cried all through the night till he fall asleep. Waking up from the dream pose a greater fear on him; he was being left alone again!

"oh God! oh God what is this" Pastor Kay soliloquises.
He felt thirsty so he stoop up to get some water in the kitchen. As he gulps the glass of water in the dining room, he continued ruminating over the dream he had.

This dream is the reflection of my life. I portray myself as a perfect man, a saint, someone who people see and emulate, but deep within me I'm not worthy of emulation;  I'm like a grave that appears beautiful on the outside but on the inside is full of dead men bones and uncleanliness. I've been a hypocrite! Since I started defiling other women, both married and singles, I no more find pleasure in my wife. So many of them have aborted pregnancies for me. I stole from the church's purse to pay for their abortions  and just to live my hypocritical life. Everybody hails me because they think it's God's blessing. I sit on the judgment seat to judge others of sins I'm guilty of too, my whole life has become a lie, deceit! I've derailed from my primary assignment of  being a shepherd to a mere show man. I've neglected the weightier matters of the word of God and focused on just the works of God, I don't care what God feels anymore, i just do His works for human commendation. I have greatly erred and God has shown his displeasure to me through this dream.

"Oh God have mercy on me, I have sinned and I'm admitting my mistakes. God please restore my home, I want my wife back, I want Jane back. I want your presence back, Lord please have mercy on me" Pastor Kay prayed while he cried.

Thank you so much for your time. Please if you feel the need to pray, do not hesitate to do so now. Please leave your comments and observations and do not forget to vote and share too. I love you ❤️❤️❤️