Episode 3 (The unexpected)

"Al-alright sir. I'll meet you in some minutes sir" Evelyn said with her heart pounding.

"Lucky pick this call please, pick your call!" She said impatiently as she dialled Lucky's number.

"What has come over Lucky? Why is he in my church? Why is he with my pastor? What has he said to the pastor? Why does he want to see me?" were the questions running through Evelyn's mind while she was still trying to reach Lucky and at the same time getting dressed to go out.

                                  ********
After thirty minutes, she got to church with her heart pounding. She was sweating profusely and couldn't control her anxiety. As she walked up the stairs to the pastor's office, she heard someone called her name behind her. It was pastor Kay.

"Evelyn, you're late. In some minutes I'll be meeting with the area pastors."

"I'm sorry sir..."

"Well that's not the issue now", pastor Kay interrupted "we have a more important business to attend to, follow me please" Pastor Kay said as they both walked towards his office.

"Here she is, one of our best minstrel" Pastor Kay said grinning. "Meet Evelyn Thomas, Evelyn, meet Mr Lucky Anderson" Pastor Kay introduced both parties.

Gosh! It's not Lucky Evelyn thought as she gave a sigh of relief.

"Evelyn, hope no problem, shake his hand now, or you're shy" Pastor Kay said smiling at Evelyn who seem to be lost in the conversation.

"It's nice meeting you sir" Evelyn shook him beaming a big smile on her face.

"It's a honor to meet a personality like you as well" said Mr Lucky.

"Well, lets get to the real discussion" said Pastor Kay after the exchange of pleasantries. "Mr Lucky here, said you caught his attention on the church's Instagram account while you were ministering in song last week Sunday. He thought it good to encourage this your God given talent by helping you produce an album."

"What! Is this really happening"

"Yes Miss Evelyn, talent like this shouldn't be allowed to waste away, we would be so happy to promote someone like you in the industry"  Mr Lucky said smiling at Evelyn.

"I'm so grateful sir, God will bless you for this. I promise by God's grace I won't disappoint you. I'm so grateful sir."

"You see,  I didn't lie about anything I said of her. She's so respectful and responsible. I can vouch that she wouldn't mess things up.
Please lady and gentleman, I'll be excusing my self for a meeting now, so you can continue your discussion at the reception if you wouldn't mind, at least I've done my part" Pastor Kay said chuckling."

"Of course sir" Mr Lucky affirmed as he walked Evelyn to the reception where they continued their discussion.

                           *********

"...but ma'am, the money scheduled for the prison outreach and the orphanage visited is 310,000, why has it changed to 170,000? Said Mrs Lawrence, Mama Jane's personal assistant, who stood in awe before her boss with an office table separating them.

"Yes it has to change, because of the financial state of the church. I just finished speaking to the church's accountant and I was told we do not have enough money for the outreaches, so I had to cut things low."

"Ma'am, I'm confused, we have more than enough in the account, I hope the account is planning a coup because..."

" What exactly is your problem!" Mama Jane interrupted. " I said we have to cut the cost low and that's final!" Mama Janes blurted.

"I'm sorry ma'am" Mrs Lawrence said head bow.

"You can  please excuse yourself" said pointing at the door as Mrs Lawrence walked out.

Some moments after she had sent her P.A out, she picked her phone to make a call.

"Hello Adara, how are you. I hope you have seen the alert of 300,000 I sent. That's for the debt of gold wrist watch and perfume. You can bring the other goods so I can pick my choices."

"Jane, you're not making any sense" Pastor Kay said in annoyance. "How could you! You substituted the money I promised you for church's money? And what did you use the money for? For clothes and jewellery? How does that appeal to you?"

"Kayode, you're just making a big deal out of no issue. When you get the money just return it back" Mama Jane said nonchalantly.

"And what explanation should I give to the accountant?"

"Spare me that please, what explanation have you been giving before now. You should find a solution to that" she said after taking a sip of juice.

"Honestly Jane, you're frivolity way of life these days is alarming. You no longer set your priorities right, you know our daughter will go back to school in a week's time the next thing you spend on is perfumes and jewellery.

"Hello, how is her school fees or allowance my problem? Are you no longer the head of this family? Kayode, if you think you can talk me to returning the stuffs I've bought, that wouldn't work I'm sorry to say. As a pastor's wife, I shouldn't do less than I am doing. I think I'm even helping you manage enough, do you know what the real "mummy pastors" do? That's not for tonight. Excuse me please" Mama Jane stood up from the sofa she's been lying on.

"Jane! Jane!" Pastor Kay called Mama jane who ignored his call.

Kayode! You are getting on my nerves! I see you're taking me for granted because of my patience. Where is our deal? I give you 24hours or I'm going to blow the whistle!
That was the content of the message that popped up on Pastor Kay's phone right after mama Jane stood up.

Thank you for your time. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave your comments and also do not forget to vote. I love you ❤️❤️