Chapter 11

The morning passed rather slowly next Saturday, Nate was sleeping in, Harry was training and Hermione and Ron were watching, I had already had breakfast and was just on my way up to the library, to start on my essay for potions, on the uses of unicorn hairs, when I came across the entire Slytherin quidditch team, not yet in their robes, led by, of course, Marcus Flint, with Draco in the back.

I stopped in my tracks. Knowing Gryffindor was training at the moment, it seemed that the Slytherins were going to as well, judging from the fact that they were holding their brooms and that they were wearing clothing that they could move in easily. And since the two houses didn't collectively go together very well... drama is bound to ensue.

I started walking to the quidditch fields as well.

The Gryffindor captain flew down to see what was going on, Tree was his name, or something along the lines of that.

'Flint!' He yelled after he stepped off his broom. 'This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now!'

Flint towered over Tree (as he's far larger than him) and smirked. 'Plenty of room for all of us, Wood.'

Ah, so Wood is his name.

The three chasers from the Gryffindor team had come flying down as well, the twins followed them, along with Harry.

'But I booked the field!' said Wood, spitting with rage. 'I booked it!'

'Ah,' said Flint. 'But I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape. He showed him a small piece of parchment. 'I, Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field owing to the need to train their new Seeker'.

'You've got a new Seeker?' said Wood, distracted. 'Where?'

Draco had been a bit hidden between all of the way larger Slytherins, so he stepped forward.

'Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's son?' said Fred, looking at Draco with dislike.  

I pulled a face, Draco sighed and said: 'No.' Clearly not feeling like elaborating.

'Oh, look,' said Flint. 'A field invasion.' Ron and Hermione were crossing the grass to see what was going on.

'What's happening?' Ron asked Harry. 'Why aren't you playing? And what are they doing here?' He gave the Slytherins a dirty look.

'I'm the new Slytherin Seeker, Weasley," said Draco, smugly. 'We were just planning to see what I can do, do you like my new broom?'

Ron's mouth gaped at the sight of Draco's broom. 'Is- is that?'

'It is, actually.' Draco said. 'I doubt you guys are even going to come close to beating us this year.'

Oh heavens.

'At least Gryffindor's team will win with their brains, instead of their brawn.' Hermione retorted.

Oh, gods.

The Slytherins let out a few gasps.

'How dare you.' Said one of the beaters.

'Shut up, you filthy little mudblood.' Flint spat. 

It was now the Gryffindor's turn to gasp, including Draco.

'How dare you.' Angelica yelled. 

'Flint, what the hell is wrong with you!?' Draco gasped.

Harry had to physically restrain me from punching Flint in the nose, you could see Fred doing the same with George. Multiple Slytherins had jumped in front of Flint to keep people from jumping on him, though some were clearly annoyed that they had to.