Chapter 2

Normal pov:

I stretched my arms and shoulders for a bit after borrowing one of Clint's old bows. I had been practising for an hour now, and I was getting a bit bored. I usually shot at a few more exciting targets at the same time, not one constantly. We had dinner before bow practice, but the sun had only started to set a few minutes ago.

I walked to the picnic table, Nat was sipping a beer.

'So... how did it go?' I asked.

'Bad.'

'Details, please.'

'He's going to think about staying at the compound, with me, and you of course.'

'Think, huh? That does not sound good.' I looked around, Bruce was sipping a beer under the soft shadow of a tree on one of the hills. I grabbed a bottle of coke from the cooler on the table and started walking.

'Leo, what are you doing?'

'Trust me.'

'I really don't want to.'

But I ignored her, walked over to Bruce and sat next to him.

'Hey.'

'Hey.'

'Thinking about Nat?' I asked, sipping my soda.

He smiled, 'I see she told you huh?'

'She always does.'

He gestured to the small shooting range Clint and I had set up. Trying to derive the conversation to something more relaxed. 'I saw you shooting back there, you're really good.'

'Thanks, still not where I want to be, but I think I'm getting closer.'

'So, what's your opinion on the matter?' He asked.

'My opinion? About what?'

'Y'know,' Bruce gestured at Nat and back at him.

'Oh, you and Nat?'

'Yeah, if there's gonna be a future, with me and Nat, you should be considered. You're basically, if not almost literally, her kid.'

I raised my shoulders. 'I mean, I don't mind, if that's what you mean. I've lived with her for what? Five years now? We talked about her dating in the first year and back then I understood that she should date whoever would make her happy. Except she didn't date that much and the guys she was with didn't last longer than a month or two.' I looked at Nat and then back at Bruce.

'The thing is, the way she's looked at you, for the few hours that I've seen her today? She looks more in love than I've ever seen her do. And so do you. I'd say, act on it. Make her happy, make yourself happy, take things slow, you'll get to the difficult stuff later.'

'You're pretty wise for a kid your age.'

'Thanks, most kids are, if you only take the energy to listen.'

He raised his left eyebrow.

'Also a good portion of shows and movies are good stuff to get an opinion on relationships.' I added.

He chuckled.

'Well, thanks for the advice.' He clinked his empty beer-bottle to my half-full coke bottle.

I saw Natasha coming out of the house.

'Hey, you guys comin'? Fury is calling a meeting!' She yelled.

'Coming!' I yelled. I stood up. 'Ready to go to a meeting that I should not be allowed as I am a minor and definitely not qualified to attend?'

'Yeah, we should probably stop doing that.'