Sick

Sorry for slow updates :P I'm focusing on other things at the moment and this story is not top priority but I am still continuing with it...don't worry.

--- Kura-chan ---

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knew that Marik being here wouldn't change things between Bakura and I. There was still some tension, and Marik was being persistent that I just push what he did aside and get to know him better, see that he isn't usually like that.

But I just can't.

"Marik..." I sighed, "I know he's trying to make things better...I just...I can't comprehend it right now, okay?"

"But, Ry-"

"Marik, no buts." I looked at him dead in the eye, "I promise things will be sorted out, but...for now...everything's fine the way it is."

"...Ryou..." He looked down-hearted.

"Yes?"

"...I know it's not my place but...Bakura's really concerned because you're ignoring him...why is that?"

"I've just been thinking a lot," I stated honestly, "it's nothing personal. Why?" I suddenly got curious. "Are you spying for him?"

"No!" Marik's tone was unconvincing, but I let it slide. I already knew he was doing this ages ago.

"Hm...alright."

He suddenly flashed a smile and sighed with slight relief, "Good...a-anyway...we should go back to Bakura now..."

"I doubt he's doing anything anyway...probably staring into space..." I murmured, getting a small laugh out of Marik. It was good to see him happy. A concerned face didn't suit him.

We both walked out of the spare bedroom, making our way back to the livng room. I looked around, seeing that Bakura was not in sight. Upon walking in the room however, I found that he was on the couch...asleep...

All he did was sleep.

I sighed deeply, whereas Marik took this as an opportunity to claim Bakura as a seat. A seat, of all things. I just shook my head in disbelief whilst Marik stayed where he was. It was around ten seconds before Bakura woke up and without even opening his eyes, knew it was Marik.

"...Marik..." He murmured evilly, "Get...off...me..."

"Nope." Marik folded his arms and stayed planted firmly where he was. He was not moving.

"...Get...off...me...!"

"Noooope~"

I sat down on the chair opposite them, watching the despute. It was actually pretty funny.

"...Marik I swear I will call Malik and make him murder you then bring you back to life so that I can murder you if you do not...get...off...of...me."

"Malik wouldn't murder me." Marik shot back, "Plus, he can't bring people back to life either."

"Then I'll just get Ryou to do it."

"He can't kill me."

"Yes but if we try hard enough he can bring you back...now get off me!"

Marik sighed and got off of Bakura, sitting down next to me. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle of amusement - these two were really hitting it off.

Suddenly the phone went. Our house phone usually never rung, unless it was a company phoning to sell their product. Despite that, I went up to answer it anyway. I was surprised to see it was Malik's number.

I hastily picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Ryou?" He sounded weird, "Can you put M-" He suddenly burst into a fit of coughs, "Marik on?"

"S-sure..." I went over to Marik and handed the phone to him. "It's Malik."

Marik nodded and took the phone, getting up and going into the kitchen. Probably to talk in private.

Bakura looked at me and I looked at him. He suddenly sat up, leaving an empty seat beside him. It seemed he wanted company, so I gladly obliged.

"Ryou..." Bakura murmured after I had sat down, "are you still mad at me?"

I looked at him, mentally letting out a small sigh. I didn't want to answer this. He would be hurt by my answer.

"Well...I...uh..."

"Well what?"

I looked down at my lap, "...Slightly."

"Slightly?"

"...Yes...I'm not...completely mad at you, since I know what you did and why you did it...I'm just...mad that you lied to me..."

There was a silence in the room. I felt like leaving - the atmosphere was going to tear me apart. I heard slight movement from Bakura's side of the couch but didn't move, I didn't feel the need to.

I was then gently pulled into an embrace. My eyes widened slightly but I still didn't show reaction.

"...I don't blame you," Bakura murmured, "I lied...and I decieved you...and I'm sorry I did that."

Now, Bakura, being the person that he is, usually never got like this. I could practically hear his heart breaking. It just made me feel worse, but I couldn't help the way I felt about what he did. I didn't want to feel angry, honestly, it hurt just to think about that, but...I couldn't control my emotions.

I nodded slightly, "...I understand that."

"Why are you still mad?"

I gulped, "I...I don't know...I just...A small part of me hasn't forgiven you yet...I promise...I will soon..."

Marik suddenly burst into the room, his eyes widened, "G-guys...Malik's really sick..."

I suddenly sat up and looked at him. Marik's eyes were puffy.

"How sick?" Bakura questioned.

"...Really...really sick..." Marik shakily held the phone in his hands, "...His fever is way too high...it was just a common cold...b-but..."

I stood up and went over to Marik, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Marik...we'll go see him now...okay? He needs you..."

Marik nodded slightly, "I'm sorry...I'm really sorry...Malik..." He murmured, but I heard it. Marik was apologizing because he left him for over five days...but he kept in touch, I knew that. I guess it hit him hard that he wasn't there when Malik needed him, and he didn't even know.

I took the phone from Marik, setting it back on its table. We had to move, and now, considering on what was said.

I looked at Bakura, "Coming with us?"

He nodded and got everyone's coats, meanwhile I was looking after a near-tears Marik. I didn't think he worried about his partner this much. I hoped everything was okay on Malik's end - I hadn't heard from him in days, actually.

After we all had our things, we set off for Marik's house. I tried to reassure Marik that it had nothing to do with him, and that he wasn't to blame. But he was in denial, he didn't want to believe me. I frowned at my friend's sadness; I was not used to this side of Marik.

I guess that's what made me forget about my talk with Bakura.