Dancing with the Devils

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for not ratting me out to Hange and Erwin." You limped on the table where Marco's gear rested.

"And thank you for getting me Marco's gear-"

"Leave it." You snapped your head in his direction. "I'm not giving you that."

You didn't say anything. You didn't even proceed in taking it. The plan won't even work if there's no one on the other side anyway, so why bother? You just glanced at the clock one last time before your crutch's thuds uncomfortably reverberated against the silence of Levi's room.

Against the privacy of his door, you sighed to compose yourself.

You'll need to figure out how to fight, even with the injuries.

But first, you have to get to Miche as fast as you can.

***

Between Yalkell and Hermina, Dauper and Ragako should be.

The original plan was for Reiner, Miche and his squad to go to Ragako at a later hour of the morning, but since Erwin ordered Miche's squad to survey the area at an earlier time, the worst case scenario was have Miche and his squad turn to a titan along with the villagers.

But that would be absurd, You shook away that thought. After all, Erwin was already aware that Ragako residents did not come to Hermina.

That would mean even before Miche and his squad was dispatched, the residents already turned.

So the worst case scenario is...

You nodded. As you thought. The worst case scenario is for Miche to still make himself a decoy for others to report back to Erwin.

That not only will he face the beast titan and the turned villagers himself; there is a chance he might expose Reiner's identity and risk having to fight the armored titan too.

The chance of living is so slim, the possibility of death was again, slowly sinking in.

But you tightened your hold on the reins, your jaw clenched to bite back the fear.

You cannot back down now.

At a few meters' reach, pillars of disgusting humanoids were standing at every corner of the village, ready to pounce at their first prey.

The gates, guarded by the lazy stature of the beast titan.

The bloodied horses pinned on debris, barely holding on for their dear lives, and the center of them all, was a figure kneeling at the roof.

That's Reiner. Then where's Miche?

You began to tremble. Could it be that you're too late? Sting in your lip, metallic was its taste, your feet started to get cold. Your uneven, terrified breaths, diverted to your toes. You could feel your bladder acting up, but you gathered all courage to the last strands of your hair-

"MICHE!" You screamed, and the beast titan and his minions were now focused on you.

"REINER!" You screamed again, "Where's Miche? What the fuck did you do to him?!"

"Reiner, who's this?" The beast gruffly said.

"The survey mechanic." Reiner responded. "She made that gear and other... stuff."

"This?" The beast examined the miniscule gear, pinched between his thumb and his index finger.

There he was, in the middle of the encircling titans with no gear, leg broken, and shakily pointing his blade in a futile attempt to defend himself.