"hey, hey, i sure wasn't expecting to meet anyone out here...maybe this is just the upturn in luck i needed! yeah, so yeah, i'm a traveler like you--"

-

"have you seen a group of yiga scouts around here or perhaps do you know the exact location of the yiga hideout?"

-

"uh, actually no, i haven't, but if you could be so kind to lend me your horse--"

-

"excuse me then."

link kicked epona's sides and rode past the poor man, ignoring his request as link's only concern right now was (y/n). the man crossed his arms and frowned.

"...rude."

— later —

——(your pov )——

"g-get off of me!"

you yelled and screamed, desperately trying to get the yiga's hands off of you as you couldn't see anything but black. the yiga had blindfolded you with a tight piece of red material and your hands were tied behind your back. 

you kept yelling, kicking your feet in hopes of them colliding into a yiga scout but you suddenly felt a pair of hands grab your ankles and you grunted. you then felt something being tied around your ankles and you started to breathe quickly, gasping for air as you realised you couldn't do anything in this situation. you started to sweat.

you were terrified of what the yiga were going to do to you.

"alright, lift her up, and tie her there."

you recognised that the voice you heard belonged to the black-suited yiga and you yelled.

"get away! what do you want from me?!"

the yiga didn't respond and you felt your arms being lifted up and tied to some kind of pole, your boots barely touching the ground. the location you were in started to make you sweat even more as you felt a strong gust of hot wind rush past your face. then, the yiga pulled off your blindfold and you squinted your eyes, trying to get them used to the bright atmosphere. you breathed in and out and saw you were on some type of balcony.

you looked down and saw a circular area, almost like an arena, with a giant hole in the centre. the area was surrounded by giant rocks, like mountains, and there was sand everywhere. you realised you must be in the desert side of hyrule. 

you looked to your left and saw a seat next to you, almost like some sort of throne. you frantically looked around and tried to find something sharp that could potentially free you but alas, there was nothing, only cushions and rugs everywhere.

"ah, you're sweating quite a bit there."

you instantly turned your head in the direction of the deep voice and saw the black-suited yiga, casually walking towards you with a special type of scimitar in his hands, carefully wiping it with the same material as your blindfold from before. you only narrowed your eyes at him, no words leaving your mouth.

"not speaking, huh?"

he approached you slowly, the scimitar still in his hands as he got closer and closer. you watched him carefully as you eyed his scimitar with caution. 

"aw, don't look so scared. the hero will be here soon..."

you glared at the yiga, your eyes burning into his mask. you hoped for link to arrive soon, considering you had no idea what this man would do to you. you were weaponless and defenceless, you felt like you were going to pass out in this heat. you desperately wished to change or even have a sip of water but you kept your mouth shut.

you tried to squirm out of the rope around your hands and the yiga laughed. he put the scimitar down onto the seat and approached you, his mask only a few centimetres away from your face. 

"well, he'll either die on his way here from my scouts, or i'll take his life when he arrives. either way, you have no hope. no one can save you."

you spat in his face, your spit hitting directly onto his mask. you smirked and straightened up. 

"link survived for a hundred years, what makes you think he'll die from your pathetic scouts? i've seen him defeat harder and more stronger enemies unlike you cowards. he's the chosen hero for a reason."

-

"ah, see, that's where you're wrong. if he's such a hero, how did he fail a hundred years ago, hm? doesn't seem much like a hero to me, only a failure."

you looked away, unable to rebut the yiga's statement. it's true after all...link couldn't defeat calamity ganon.

the yiga wiped your spit off his mask and he grabbed your right shoulder, gripping it tightly and causing you lots of pain.

"it took this fool one hundred years to wake up and in the mean time, calamity ganon has gotten stronger by the hour, minute even. he couldn't even save you in time, he could've easily shot me, right here, with his arrow but he chose to warn me instead. who do you think is the coward now?"

-

"..."

the yiga released your shoulder and you winced in pain from his tight grip. 

"enjoy the show, as i tear this 'chosen' hero from limb to limb when he arrives."

-

"you can't kill him, he's stronger than you!"

the yiga grabbed his scimitar once again and wiped it clean, the tip of the sharp weapon barely touching your cheek. the yiga laughed, and pushed the scimitar onto your cheek, causing blood to flow out slowly.

"oh yeah? watch me."