feelings

after that awkward moment with link, you couldn't speak to him. there was no way you could without going bright red anyway. the last few several days you spent in rito village were quiet and tense. you said your goodbyes to your old friend, teba, and the elder (and all the children and saki of course). link had done the same and he was waiting for you at the entrance of the small village. even link couldn't talk to you! you two would always look at each other at the same time and instantly get flustered. he would scratch the back of his head and make an awkward exit. you would sigh in relief that he'd leave, but you couldn't help but feel something pull at your heart every time he did. 

you reached the goddess statue and stopped in your tracks. you slowly faced the statue and prayed. 

you prayed for your safety, for link's safety, and most important of all...

you prayed that the awkward tension with link would pass when you'd leave. 

smiling to yourself while also cringing a little at the memory with the hero, you skipped your way down the wooden stairs and said goodbye to the rito guard there. you saw link, combing his fingers through epona's hair and complimenting it unconsciously out loud. 

"epona, you look quite pretty. i wonder, did the rito children do this...?"

you blushed when you saw link swiftly spun his head in your direction when you foot stepped on a twig and cracked it. you noticed his cheeks go light pink and you cleared your throat. 

"n-no actually, i u-uh..i um.."

link raised his eyebrow slightly and smirked a little. 

"you did this?"

you nodded quickly and walked over to him slowly. link looked back at epona and smiled.

"well, y/n...aren't you one special hylian."

your cheeks instantly burned with noticeable heat at link's compliment. you walked past him, trying to hide your face and you patted his horse slowly. you heard link chuckle a little and he climbed onto epona. you did the same, and sat behind him. 

"ready?"

you nodded and he signalled epona to start walking. you couldn't stop thinking about link and the way he acted around you. always teasing and complimenting. heck, you even notice him staring at you sometimes. you felt your face grow with heat and you tried to shake your thoughts away. 

"i can't."

"no way."

"anyway, i'm sure he does that with every girl he meets."

your mind wandered a little more, and you started to think about link and his feelings. link was one heck of an attractive hylian, and he would surely get stopped by young girls while travelling. even at rito stable, you noticed some hylian girls twirling their hair and gazing lustfully at him. then again, who wouldn't? link was the definition of the perfect man, his azure blue eyes, his dashing gold hair, his defined face structure, his kindness and loyalty, his--you stopped yourself from going on any further and sighed. you thought about his past life and wondered what is was like. they say the appointed knight of princess zelda always stayed by her side, never leaving her alone. your eyes landed on link and you frowned. was he...

in love with princess zelda?

"y/n."

-

"y-yes?"

-

"where would you like to go?"

-

"huh?"

-

"well, we can either go to gerudo desert or zora's domain, near mount lanayru."

you thought for a moment, forgetting about your previous thoughts about the hero.

"well, what about you? do u have a particular region in mind?"

link stayed quiet and he closed his eyes in thought. 

"i think...zora's domain."