his voice

link stared at you for a while, but after realising how long you two were staring at each other, he blinked and you looked away instantly.

blushing profusely of course.

the hero in blue gave you a small smile while standing up and walked away. you were confused.

you took this time to notice that you were near rito village and tried to remember why you were here in the first place. 

you thought for a few minutes, re-thinking the events and trying to put pieces together in your head. 

link returned, holding a damp cloth in his hand and he sat down in front of you. he gently placed the cloth over your forehead, and you winced.

apparently, you had a small cut near your hairline. probably from before link came to rescue you.

link pulled his sleeves up, revealing a poorly wrapped bandage and tapped your cut slowly and carefully, trying not to make you move as much from the small pain. however, this cut was a little deep. you accidentally moved forward from the pain, making you forehead force into link's wet cloth, you groaned and shut your eyes tightly.

"try not to move, alright?"

you reopened your e/c eyes and looked straight at link. 

his voice was so...

so...

soothing and it reminded you of swaying grass and light, fluffy clouds.

you watched him as he concentrated on cleaning your wound, not realising that this was the first time he's spoken since he's left the great plateau. he surprised himself and shut his mouth quickly. his hands moved away from you face, and he relaxed his broad shoulders. he gave you a crooked smile, indicating that this was all he could do to help your cut. 

he walked over to his horse, and grabbed something out of one of the bags that was tied on the side of the saddle. he took out a waterskin, and gave it to you. you gladly took it and drank most of his water. you noticed that there was barely any water left and you gave him a small 'sorry' and he shook his head, giving you a closed smile in return and not caring if you drank most of it. he can always refill it anyway.

you decided to break the silence, and you stared into his ocean blue eyes.

"thanks for saving me ... you know, earlier today. usually, i can handle myself, but yiga scouts are too fast for me."

link nodded at you.

"anytime."

you grinned at him and his cheeks were dusted with pink.

"i'm y/n. i'd like to know the name of my saviour... if you don't mind."

link hesitated, this was the most amount of speaking he's done all his life thus far. he tried to relaxed and opened his mouth.

"i'm... link."

-

"well, link, is there anything i can do to repay you?"

"..."

-

"...uh, hey, what happened to your arm?"

-

link looked down at his arm, and then looked back at you. he shrugged and then rubbed the back of his head, as if he was quite embarrassed by the way he wrapped his bandages.

"let me help you."

he snapped towards you, and saw that you were slowly making your way to get closer to him. link hesitated, and moved back a little, giving you a weird look.

you laughed.

"i'm going to tie up your bandages so that it won't get infected, silly."

the young hylian breathed out slightly, relaxing and he moved forward a bit. honestly, he felt a little uncomfortable with the space between you both, he's never really experienced anything like this.

you reached out, gently unwrapping his badly wrapped bandages and threw them away. you opened your little pouch that was sitting on your hips, and pulled out some proper bandages. you gasped when you saw the large cut on his arm and gave him a worried look. he looked back at you, unfazed from the cut and the pain. you carefully wrapped the bandages around his shoulder blade, all the way down to his elbow. you finished the wrapping with a small bow, and pulled down his sleeves.

"there, much better. 

don't you think?"

you chuckled at his reaction. his eyes were wide and showed that he was amazed at how you could treat someone's injuries efficiently, and properly. his eyes looked into your e/c ones and he smiled. 

"thank you..."

his voice was quiet, but you could hear it perfectly. 

you stood up and stretched out your limbs, and yawned. link stood up as well, gazing at the large bridge ahead. 

"if you don't mind..."

you looked at him with curiosity.

"but where are you headed to?"

you pointed towards the horizon and gave him a small explanation.

"i'm off to rito stable, there's someone there i want to speak to."

link nodded at you in understanding.

"what about you?"

link turned his gaze towards you and answered quietly.

"i'm going to that weird village over there."

-

"oh! that's rito village! the views of the sunrises and sunsets from there are quite mesmerising."

-

"..."

-

"well, why don't we travel together for a little? we're going to the same place, anyway."

-

link nodded slowly, and his thoughts were swarming through his mind.

"what if it's really awkward and we don't talk?"

"come on link, you don't talk anyway."

"i've never traveled with someone before."

"it'll be fine, it's only for about an hour and a bit."

"but still, what if she asks too many questions?"

you gave him a confused expression, waiting for his answer and he was staring off into space. he looked worried... scared even.

"hey... are you alright?"

link snapped back to reality, and nodded quickly. he turned around and motioned you to follow him. you both walked over to his horse, and he sat on his steed. he put his hand out, motioning for you to grab it. you both went a little pink when you gently grabbed his hand. he hoisted you up and you noticed how strong this small young hylian was (he was small, but still a little taller than you). you also felt that his hands were quite calloused, telling you that he's used all sorts of weapons for an awful long time. 

he kicked epona in the sides softly, and she started walking to tabantha great bridge.

you weren't really sure if you should put your arms around his waist, since you were sitting behind him and you two basically just met.

or have you?