reunited

ok! i just wanna say before u start reading, this chapter is actually so boring and i apologise! please forgive me! the next chapter is gonna be a lot more interesting, and by interesting, i mean draaammmaaa!!!!!!!! hehehe

----------------------------------------

——(link's p.o.v)——

that kiss.

as link walked around in divine beast vah ruta, all he could think about was the kiss he had with y/n.

y/n.

goddesses, link was confused.

link activated another terminal and continued to explore the ancient mechanical beast. this was the third one he's done, surely nothing could go wrong now. link looked up and studied the area above him. he looked down at his slate and connected the dots together. link activated one of the trunk levels on his sheikah slate and watched the water fall onto the rotating wheel. 

after about 15 minutes or so, link had finally solved the puzzle (and gathered the item in the chest during it) and realised he only had one terminal left. 

hearing mipha's voice was strange to the hero, he wasn't really sure how to feel about it. mipha's voice was soft and gentle, like calm ripples in water...

but y/n's voice...

her voice was like velvet, a warm summer's day, and a bouquet of sweet daises. 

link shook his head, conflicted, and moved onto the next terminal.

— later —

"you activated all the terminals! now you can start the main control unit. there should be a new glowing mark on your map. head there!"

link nodded to himself and rushed over to the main control unit down below. he walked through the water and stopped in front of the control unit. 

he took a deep breath and silently prayed to the goddesses above to keep him alive. 

he placed his sheikah slate over the glowing eye and instantly felt a violent rumble that shook the ground beneath his feet. link stepped back and examined the unit.

a gust of black and pink liquid circled around until it formed the shape of one of ganon's evil creations.

"please take care."

link got his sword out ready and stared straight into the enemy's eye. his mind quickly replacing the thought of the kiss with strategies.

"that...thing is one of ganon's creations...i know you've already defeated two of them but be careful!"

an awful cry came from the beast and link narrowed his eyebrows. he thought about y/n for a split second and momentarily closed his eyes.

"i have faith in you!"

— later —

link threw his sword into water blight ganon's eye and it screamed. rays of black and pink shot out from it's liquid body and it disappeared into thin air. the cries it gave out slowly disappeared with it and link breathed in and out.

the hylian walked towards the contorl unit and activated vah ruta. the control unit turned blue, and relaxed link. three down, one more to go.

one more to go...

he figured that after he'd finish off all of the divine beasts he'd go find the master sword and defeat ganon.

but what about y/n?

anxiety filled his mind as he thought about what would happen to his dear friend. he possibly couldn't take someone as important as y/n to defeat ganon with him. it was simply crazy to link.

the hero couldn't deny it, he realised that he started to get attached to the female hylian and he was afraid that there was no way out.

"hello link."

link looked around the room in search for mipha's voice. 

"because of your courage, my spirit is now free. and ruta as well."

link glanced towards the edge of the room and saw a faint, aqua light appear on top of the water. link eye's widened as he saw the spirit of mipha appear.

"thank you. for i am now allowed by this freedom..."

mipha's bright yellow eyes stared straight into link's blue ones. 

"to be with you once again."

link froze, he forgot that mipha had deep feelings for him and he couldn't help but hesitate at the thought of it. he felt extremely guilty that he couldn't return her feelings, he was too late. 

the zora princess walked towards link, her footsteps barely disturbing the water, and she continued on talking to link. her voice filled the room and link felt himself relax. mipha gifted him her power and stood in front of him.

"i see that you have met someone on your journey."

link tensed up a bit and shifted a little.

"y/n. what a lovely name..."

link smiled a little and noticed that he was slowly disappearing as bright yellow lights surrounded him.

"i suppose you don't remember...do you?"

link reached out to mipha but failed as his whole body was covered in gold rays and transported him back to zora's domain.

"i wonder if she remembers..."