"Tonight you have managed to bring Death Eaters into my school which, I admit, I thought impossible... how did you do it?" continued Dumbledore.

Malfoy said nothing, he was paralysed, listening to the commotion downstairs. Dumbledore was stalling. If he knew I was in on this he must've known how it had happened. But why?

"Perhaps you ought to get on with the job alone," suggested Dumbledore. "What if your back up has been thwarted by my guard? As you have perhaps realised, there are members of the Order of the Phoenix here tonight too. And after all, you don't really need help... I have no wand at the moment... I cannot defend myself."

Malfoy didn't move. The urge to grab his hand was so strong. I knew he wasn't this person.

"I see," said Dumbledore kindly, when Malfoy neither moved nor spoke. "You are afraid to act until they join you."

"I am not afraid," snarled Malfoy,  but still he didn't move. "It is you who should be scared." He was white as a sheet now, the green light turning him a sickly colour.

"But why? I don't think you will kill me, Draco. Killing is not nearly as easy the innocent believe... so tell me while we wait for your friends... how did you smuggle them in here? It seems to have taken you a long time to work out how to do it."

Then Draco began to describe how he'd done it, how there was a matching vanishing cabinet in Borgin and Burkes.  "Very good," murmured Dumbledore. "So the Death Eaters were able to pass from Borgin and Burkes into the school to help you... a very clever plan... and as you say, right under my nose."

Draco drew his shoulders back, "Yeah, yeah it was!"He seemed to draw some courage from Dumbledore's praise.

"And Ms Rose... Where does she fit into all of this. Was she your accomplice?"

Draco shifted uneasily, I could tell he didn't want to discuss me.

"She didn't want to... You can't punish her for this. This was all my plan."

Dumbledore smiled, "I had no intentions of punishing Ms Rose, I simply wonder how she got entangled in all of this."

"I think it was when Potter attacked me. I think she realised I was up to something... bad. She said she didn't want me to do it alone. She was the only one who would understand..."

"How touching, so you brought her along with you but what good did she do for you?"

Draco sighed, I had used an unforgivable curse there was no going back now. I had no leg to stand on.

"She...she did nothing. She was simply... along for the ride." Draco lied right through his teeth. For me?

"For some reason, Draco...forgive me but, I do not believe that. But I can tell you won't give up her secrets, will you?"

"There is nothing to give up."

I was in shock, Draco was taking the hit for everything. Why wasn't he ratting me out for Rosmerta or the potion?

"But you must've had an accomplice, all the same... someone in Hogsmeade... ah..." Dumbledore nodded, his eyes closing as though he was about to fall asleep. "Rosmerta... how long has she been under the Imperius curse?"

Another yell from downstairs causing Draco to look over his shoulder right into my eyes. I doubt he could've seen my eyes in the dark but for that moment I felt a wave of safety flow over me.

"And the mead..."Dumbledore continued.

"Poisoned it myself, got the idea from that Mudblood Granger. She said Filch couldn't detect it."