A Hopeful Future

Finn sat inside Aina's transportation which according to her was a 2005 Subaru Outback simply called a car. It made him painfully aware that he was most definitely in the future. He shifted in his seat and pulled at the seatbelt across his chest before he crossed his arms and looked at Aina who was driving the contraption.

"You're stopping?" Finn remarked in a questioning tone as Aina slowed down and pulled into a parking spot next to a small building with an elongated grey-colored roof that provided adequate shading from the sun and yellow-colored walls. In front of the building, there was a grey pavilion with a design similar to the building's roof that had a long, yellow table underneath it that looked like it could seat a decent amount of people. The entire area was surrounded by healthy, green grass and tall, palm trees. There was also a light grey pathway leading behind the building.

"Yeah, um, so, no offense but before we really head out into the world, you need a shower and a change of clothes," Aina informed him

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Yeah, um, so, no offense but before we really head out into the world, you need a shower and a change of clothes," Aina informed him. Finn looked down at himself and then at her and realized she was right their clothing looked vastly different. Plus, he subtly sniffed himself, and his nose wrinkled at the overpowering oceanic scent wafting off him. So, he nodded at her in agreement. She offered him an apologetic smile and said, "I hope you don't mind settling for the showers that they have here at the Corsair Beach Park. It's easy to access." When Finn nodded in acceptance, she continued saying, "Great while you clean yourself up, I go and get you some new clothes from the closest gift shop, okay?"

"Okay," Finn echoed, nodding once more.

〰〰〰

Finn lathered his hair with the "shampoo" that Aina had stored away in her bags. This beach shower he was using was just a tall thin piece of metal that rained water down on his head. It made Finn vaguely uncomfortable to stand naked out in the open in an unfamiliar world. It was a lot different than bathing in a river or a wooden tub where everything was covered. Thankfully it was still very early in the morning so no one was around. While Aina herself was off looking for a clothing store that was open to buy him some new clothes.

When he was done, he dried his hair off with the towel Aina had left behind for him and then he wrapped it around his waist. He gazed at his old clothes with a speculative expression, he was unsure if he should bother to keep them or not. They're pretty old and brittle after all these years. Frankly, he was amazed they hadn't rotted away. Also, they were all covered in blood. His attention was diverted when Aina honked the car horn at him to catch his attention.

"I got you clothes!" she shouted. She was pulling into the parking lot and he noticed that her face looked slightly flushed. She opened her window and stuck the clothes out towards him without looking in his direction at all. He quirked a brow but nevertheless, he carefully took them from her hands and observed what she brought him. He found himself holding a baggy grey shirt that sleeves looked as if they'd stop just above his elbows. There was a drawing of a red car in the center of the chest that had a golden dog seated in the backseat. There were also bold words that he couldn't read above the car and a phrase that he couldn't read written in a different style under the car. He struggled with how to put on the shirt for a few moments before he figured it out and it fit him well enough. He turned his attention to the black trousers which had a fabric that felt like nothing he'd ever come across before. Warily, he put them on and he tied it close. The garment left his knees and calves exposed which made him feel like he was walking around in his undergarments. The orange shoes were sandals, he believed. Although they seemed rather flimsy and only had two straps across his upper foot.