Lost and Found

Finn could hear the sounds of waves crashing, seagulls screeching in the sky, and the murmurs of men and women who frequented the beach. It seemed as if this would be his new symphony to listen to as time continued to pass and no one discovered him.

Before he'd been lost all Finn could listen to had been the sounds of siblings' depravity, he much preferred the soothing beach sounds. It was much more peaceful.

However, some of the conversations he overheard were terribly confusing at times. But he did manage to understand that the people who frequented the beach were visiting to see many unique driftwood formations that were supposedly on the beach. Finn rationalized that his coffin must be very well hidden in one of these structures for him not to have been found yet.

〰〰〰

When Finn first heard something knock against his coffin, he dismissed it as his imagination. After all, it wouldn't be the first time his mind had played tricks on him. But then it happened again and he wondered if it was another one of those obnoxious seagulls scavenging for food. He strained his hearing and he focused on the sounds closest to his coffin. He heard the sound of something breathing, it sounded like a human being, not a bird. A person was near his coffin. The voice of a young woman pierces through his stunned shock.

"The hell...?" the woman murmured sounding baffled and he heard the sound of knocking wood again.

"What is it, Aina?" A different woman asked this time but she sounded odd. She had a strange echoing voice and Finn swore that he only heard one person breathing next to him.

"I think I found a... coffin? Stuck in the branches of this huge piece of driftwood," the first woman muttered. He imagined that she must be furrowing her brows as it was an odd thing to stumble upon.

"A coffin?" the second woman repeated sounding disbelieving, "On a beach?"

"Yeah, I was sensing some weird vibes by this particular piece of driftwood and I found a coffin. And get this when I touched it, I had a brief vision," the first woman revealed in a troubled tone.

The first woman was a witch? ...Oh Gods, she better not work for Klaus.

"What did you see, feel?" the second woman asked in concern.

"I saw a flash of vampire and he felt such sorrow...Yuna, it was gutting," the first woman responded sounding pained.

"Aina...don't you dare feel pity for a vampire!" Yuna scolded, sharply, "They're abominations, you need to destroy it."

Ah, this Yuna has the right idea. He is an abomination.

"It's not pity, it's empathy!" Aina argued, passionately, "God, this poor man...he's somehow still alive even with a dagger in his heart. He's suffering, Yuna. He needs help."

"Imouto!" Yuna snapped, harshly, "I tolerate a lot of your whims but this is just too far!"

"Whims?" Aina scoffed, quietly, "You sound just like Father."

"That's not fair," Yuna replied, sounding frustrated, "I just want you to be safe! Helping a vampire is NOT being safe!"

"You know I've never agreed with the propaganda that Father tried to shove down our throats about how all vampires are evil, werewolves are mindless beasts, and that the ancestors are wise and can never do wrong," Aina replied, sounding disheartened by her sister's views, "Yuna, you of all people should know better than to be so close-minded."

Close-minded? What was she talking about? Yuna was correct!

"Don't try to lecture me, Aina," Yuna stated in a severe tone, "I'm your elder sister, not your younger."