𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝖿𝖿 𝖽𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀

(y/n)'s perspective

(y/n)'s perspective

as my breathing eventually slowed, the axe still clutched in my starved hands, i groaned in response to the dead body on my floor.

with a disheveled sigh, i opened the door that led to the balcony, which was inside of the hotel's bathroom, and dragged the reanimated corpse to the ledge.

as i carried the hag's decayed body, the odor of rot lifted throughout the air in my small living space.

i gagged very audibly, almost dropping the woman as i held my hand over my nose.

as the golden rays from the sun hit down on me as i had heaved the body over the ledge, dropping her remains from 6 stories up.

i didn't want to look, but i couldn't help myself as i watched her sagging skin splatter onto the blood-stained pavement with a very unsatisfying squishing sound.

my nose scrunched in disgust as i looked away from the corpse and to the area around me.

smoke rose in the air from untreated fires and abandoned cars, while some sirens could still be heard wailing in the distance. stores that once thrived now had broken windows and the roofs had already started caving in.

most of the streets were empty, except for the occasional zombies stumbling around.

i felt my stomach grumble as i held my hand over it and checked to see what rations i had left over.

as i close the door to the balcony behind me and pull those gray curtains shut, the room fills with darker hues. in the confusing lighting, i reached for a candle-lit lantern and set the wick alight with my lighter.

i carefully lifted the lantern off from the bathroom counter and placed it on the floor beside me as i pulled open the cabinets below the sink, i shuffled through my breakfast choices, that consisted of

one singular saltine cracker,

half a can of tomato soup,

and a bottle of lukewarm water.

"shit," i muttered to myself as i stood up and dusted off my pants. i picked up the lantern and placed it back on the counter.

i would have to go out to look for rations.

as the flame danced inside its glass limitations, i tied a gun holster to my hip as i placed the gun inside it. i also attached some knifes inside the handmade knife holster i knitted and had that layered with the gun.

i grabbed my leather biker gloves and changed out of my pajamas, which consisted of a solid white t-shirt and hello kitty pants, into a band shirt with a double studded belt and ripped skinny jeans.

i tied my hair up with a white scrunchie and tied up my doc martens i stole from a shoe store during the raids.

i grab my axe and pull my backpack over my shoulder as i walk out the already-busted-down door. i leave the bathroom and step into the grimy hotel room. a few feet later, i'm walking down the long dull staircase with dried blood spatters painting the wall a dreary faded crimson.

i always hated walking down the staircase. it felt like a moment of silence should be held for those who lost their lives in this stairway, but it also feels like they're still there.

i ended up just sprinting down the staircase since the ominous history unnerved me too much, leading me into the lobby, which was even higher on the scary-meter.

the lobby was painted a shimmery gold color with red accents and had a doorman named tony who was casually forgetful but was an overall sweetheart before the whole pandemic happened.

now, the golden walls were a rusty yellow, with dirt, blood, and shit sprayed all over the walls. the lobby was still accented with red, but not with paint.

i don't know what happened to tony, but i hope he's doing well.

i shuddered as i clutched my arms and quickly sped out of the hotel. the golden sunlight embraced me in a comforting hug, but i knew i wasn't safe, even in her protective arms.

i walked along the sidewalk, cautious to avoid getting grabbed by whatever was lurking in the alleyways.

i make my way downtown to the grocery store, a fire burning in the parking lot. i stood outside it, contemplating that other people are in there too.

i quietly sneak into the grocery store as quietly as i could, grabbing my backpack and softly unzipping it. but i suppose i pulled it a little too fast, because as the bag zipped loudly, two guys charged at me.

"what are you doing here?"

"put your hands where we can see them!"

AUTHORS NOTE: heyoo my area is getting hit with a hurricane tmr and i might lose internet? idk lmao wish me luck