Chapter 19

Violets POV

The entire next week at school everyone whispered in the halls about what they thought might have happened to that girl the sheriff found in the woods. "Apparently she was mutilated so badly that they couldn't ID the body without a DNA test. Butch said the higher ups might take the case." Henry told us as he leaned against the lockers. "Poor girl" I said sadly as I shoved a few books inside my backpack. "Everyone dieds Vi, no fucking use crying over it" Patrick shot back, it annoyed him when people got sad about shit like that. I rolled my eyes, ignoring his comment.

"Do they think there's a murder in Derry?" I asked, a bit nervous to hear the answer. Henry shrugged, "they don't know yet, just stay out of the woods" he replied. The 3rd bell rang loudly overhead, everyone started towards there assigned classes. Me being a grade younger then the boys had to head upstairs for geometry. "Oh calm down, the closest we have to a murderer here is Patrick" Belch laughed ruffling my hair as he took off towards chemistry with Henry in tow.

Heading off down the hallway I made my way into the echoey stairwell. As I jogged up the linoleum covered steps I started to feel a bit dizzy. Grabbing onto the railing to stable myself I took a deep breath, doing my best to calm the spinning in my head. It took a moment but soon subsided, that was always the worst part of being hungry.

When I reached my classroom I made my way inside, taking a seat in the third room and pulling out my notebook. My geometry teacher entered the room, dripping a large stack of textbooks on her wooden desk. "Good morning students" she chimed happily as I took a seat in her desk chair.

"Let's get started." The class seemed to go on forever as she rambled in about the Pythagorean theorem. Suddenly I felt nauseous and the room began to spin once again. No, no not here, not now. I gripped my desk as I tried my best to keep myself still, but it was no use. Black dots floated there way into my vision and next thing I knew my body hit the floor.