Chapter 1

Violets POV

"Belch" I said quietly standing at the foot of my brothers bed as I attempted to wake him. He didn't move. I walked around the side of his bed and grabbed his shoulder so I could shake him. "Belch, WAKE UP!" I yelled pulling at his arm. He flipped over lazily, now face to face with me and opened his eyes before sitting up abruptly. "Fuck" he panted gripping his chest. "You scared the shit out of me" he said trying to catch his breath. "Sorry, I didn't mean to" I laughed as I got up. "It's 7:00" I continued. I already was dressed and ready with my backpack on. I walked over to his door and picked his backpack up off the floor. It was unopened from yesterday letting me know that he didn't do any homework. Typical.

"I'll wait for you outside by the car" I said showing him that I was taking his stuff for him. He just nodded groggy and walked into his bathroom. I walked down the stairs quickly to avoid seeing my mom, not that she was dying to talk to me or anything, but I didn't need any rude comments from her this morning. Belch had always been her favorite for some reason, and I was just the kid that she got pregnant with by accident after her tubes had already been tied, the mistake of the family.

It only took belch about 5 or 10 minutes to get ready so I got in the car and waited. I knew that on the way to school we would have to stop and pick up belches friends, like always, but I didn't mind. Everyone though they were so mean, they called them bowers gang, but they weren't so bad. After a while belch came running out of the house and jumped over the door into the car, before starting the engine and screeching out of the drive way.

The ride to Henry's was pretty short. I sat in the back with my arm hanging out of the car, feeling the wind sweep between my fingers. When we arrived Patrick and victor had walked there so that belch could pick them up all at once. Henry lunged into the front passenger seat while victor hopped in the back on the left side. Patrick just stared at me for a moment before I realized that he was waiting for me to scoot to the middle so he could climb in. Once I did he jumped in and we were off to school.

Patrick was always a bit different towards me then the rest of belchs friends. I always caught him staring at me, and he didn't talk so much when I was around. It kinda made me think he didn't like me, maybe even hated me, but who knows.

When we got to school all the boys climbed out. I just sat there for a minute dreading the day I would have. No one was mean to me or anything, and I wasn't bad at school but I hated it there. Why you might ask? Cause I had no friends. It hard to make friends when your brother is buddy buddy with the town tormentor. People were only nice to me sometimes cause they were scared, and it sucked, but this year was going to be different. This year there would be a new me, and people would like me for once, at least that what I hoped.