Prologue

Prologue

When joining the Order of the Phoenix, May Castellan didn't take her life for granted. She knew that time was limited, that she only survived because of her brother. Death wasn't fair. It wouldn't wait until she was ready to go. It would strike without warning, taking loved ones or even herself from the land of the living. She wasn't sure when it would be her time, but she would make sure she dragged that Death Eater down with her. She would avenge Thomas.

  Of course, that was before she met Hermes and had Luke.

It was August 17th, 1986. She had just attended a meeting where they had been discussing Voldemort's movements. Feeling as if she might never see Muggle London again, May went to a Muggle pub and went to drink. Mind you, it was a small pub, but a pub nonetheless. She wanted to remember the taste of the liquor burning down her throat and the smell of several different types of drinks wafting through the room.

  She had only been on her first drink, savouring the familiar room, when the bell on the door behind her tinkled, signifying that someone else had come in. May wondered who it was. It was very late- a little past eleven, and this pub wasn't very well known.

  "I'll have Cider, please." A man in his mid-twenties slid on the seat next to her, and she couldn't help but think that he was very handsome. He had a muscular build, along with unruly light brown hair and a sly grin.

  "Hello," May greeted him.

  "Hi," he replied casually. "It's a bit late to be drinking, don't you think?"

  "I was about to say the same thing," she answered.

  He chuckled. "You got me there," he admitted, taking a sip from his glass the bartender passed to him. "So..." he began. "Why are you here so late?"

  "Guess I just felt like it," she replied shortly, taking another sip from her glass. It was true, in a sense. She had come to remember Muggle London. She could've gone anywhere else, but she chose to go here. Why? Because she felt like it. "You?"

  He grinned, giving her the sudden desire to check her pockets. "Just passing by," he told her. "I like to jog around here."

  She raised an eyebrow. "This close to midnight?"

  He laughed. "I agree with you; it's quite late. But I do love the coolness of summer nights.  Especially at this time of day."

  "Nothing like a good walk at night to clear your mind," May joked.

  He smiled. "Exactly. And I didn't quite catch your name."

  "May," she replied. "May Castellan."

  "May," he repeated. "What a lovely name. You can call me Hermes."

  "Like the Greek God," she said.

  "Very much like the Greek God," he said, grinning widely. "It was a childhood nickname. I was the prankster of the group and would occasionally pickpocket their stuff and return them for fun."

  She nodded. "Seeing you smile, I get the urge to check to see if I haven't lost anything." She finished her drink and pulled out her phone from her pocket, checking the time. "Well, it's getting late, and I should go. It was nice meeting you."

  Hermes stood up. "I would like to walk you out," he said formally, taking a wad of cash out and placing it on the table.

  She blushed. "There's no need," she said, suddenly shy.

  He laughed her off. "Nonsense," he exclaimed. "I find that a gentleman should always walk a girl to the door, whether it's their best friend, acquaintance, co-worker or girlfriend. It's called being polite."

  She smiled. "If you insist."

  Hermes followed her out of the dingy pub, opening the door for her. He walked out after her.

  "Well," she started. "It was nice meeting you."

  He nodded. "You too. I dare say we'll be meeting each other again."

  And raising two fingers for a two-fingered salute, he turned around and jogged down the street, leaving May to ponder what he meant.

  Only later would she understand, but at the time, she thought she had met a Muggle. A very kind and carefree one at that, not knowing that the Muggle society might cease to exist very soon.

  She chuckled, and pulling out her wand, she spun on the spot and apparated. Little did she know that she had just met Hermes, God of Messengers, Travelers, and Thieves. Or that in two years, she would give birth to one Luke Castellan and move to Westport, Connecticut for his safety, where she would meet Hermes once again and would give birth to Lucas Castellan three years later.

A/N

Hi! If you've read my other stories, you'll notice that all my other stories are gone, except for 'Watching the MCU'. That's because they weren't getting many views, and I had way too many stories up, none of them finished. Also, I seem to have a wandering mind, where one day I'll be set on a story and by the next week, I'll have lost all interest in it. I have never, and I mean never have finished a story before, I would like to change that. This was an idea I had stuck in my head for a while, and since I don't see many stories that tell Draco as a demigod with him as the main character, I decided to write one. The gist of it is simple: he receives his Hogwarts Acception letter, he gets a quest, he infiltrates the Malfoy family, he goes to Hogwarts, he tries to keep Harry alive, the Golden Trio hates on him, he tries to keep his identity a secret, etc.

  Also, if anyone is ever going to read this, I know the cover is crap. I'm terrible at making them and I probably could make a halfway decent one if I had the proper tools. Which I don't. I literally chose a picture online (which by the way, isn't mine; I give full credit to the amazing artist who made that amazing piece of art), typed some words on it, and put it as the cover.

  And for the schedule. I'll try to update every weekend or so, but if a chapter's especially long, it might take longer.

  Thanks for reading! <3