Chapter 6

Sitting on the cold hard concrete floor is not doing any wonders for my backside. I cannot move to get comfortable. I try to stretch out my legs but stop when the pain from my ankle hits me like a dump truck.

Even though right now I would rather a dump truck hitting me and then reversing over me to finish the job.

I am off in my own little world when I hear coughing coming from the door. I look up and am startled

Brandon- "Sorry Lucille. Didn't mean to scare you"

I stare at this guy in front of me. I don't know who he is and I really don't want to

Brandon- "I am not here to hurt you. I just wanted to make sure you were ok. Your mother is going a little bit too far"

Lucille- "Who are you?"

I say timidly

Brandon- "Oh where are my manners. I'm Brandon. I'm next in line to your mother for all of this"

I stare at Brandon like a deer in headlights

Lucille- "Y-y-yo.... You're Brandon?"

Brandon- "In the flesh. Geez Mary didn't tell me her daughter was gorgeous. Maybe I can make her a deal"

Lucille- "What?"

Brandon- "Yeah keep you alive so I can have you and Mary can get out of the business cleanly"

Lucille- "I'd rather be dead. Thanks"

Brandon- "No need to be like that sweety. I'd be able to rock your world and make your toes curl"

Lucille- "I'm still good thanks"

I contemplate asking this next question, but say it anyway

Lucille- "Wanna tell me how to get out of here though. I could really do with some medical attention on my ankle"

He stands there and laughs at me

Brandon- "The only way out is in a body bag. You are here for life. However long that is"

I sink back into the wall and bring up my good leg to my chest to hold. I turn my face away from Brandon and hope he gets the hint I am not in the mood to talk to him. He throws me a water bottle and small packet of pretzels.

Brandon- "Your dinner. Enjoy it"

I don't say anything more to him. I keep my face away from him and start praying that my death will come quickly.

I wake up after falling asleep. I notice the water and pretzels are still on the floor where he threw them. There is light outside which means it is a new day. A new day to be sitting in these 4 walls chained to one of said walls.

I crawl over to the make shift toilet to do my business. I finish up and crawl back to my corner. I have sores forming on my body from the malnutrition and lack of water.

The door opens and my someone walks in

Mary- "Lulu. I see you are trying to kill yourself quicker by not eating or drinking"

Lucille- "Just trying to help you out mother"

I spit the word mother out at her

Mary- "Oh hunny. I don't need your help. If I wanted you gone, I would have put a bullet in that pretty little head of yours"

Lucille- "You still have time. Just do it and get it over with. Put me out of my misery"

I haven't lifted my head to look at my mother. I do not have the energy when another voice speaks up