Chapter 33: Stay Away From My Boyfriend!

Start from the beginning

Alex went back to scrolling through her phone, and I peeked in behind her shoulder to see her going through her gallery.

"I was going through my old photos in history class because of how boring it was...and found this!" She shoved her phone to Jane and me with a huge grin on plastered her face.

It was a picture of a young girl, probably about nine years old. She was chubby and short, her blond hair tied in two piggy tails at the top of her head, and her dental braces could be seen as she smiled up at the camera. She actually looked cute with her bright blue eyes and light sprinkles of freckles on her chubby cheeks, but she reminded me of someone. I just couldn't place my finger on it.

"Who's that?" I cocked an eyebrow at Alex as she looked at Jane and me expectedly.

"Don't you know who she is?" She shoved the phone closer to us, but we still couldn't name who it was.

"Oh, just tell us already!" Jane burst out, already losing her patience.

"Well, someone's extra hungry today." Alex retorted, sending a glare her way. "It's Jenny." She finally announced.

"What? No way!" I grabbed her phone to stare at the photo one last time, and truly, I noticed the similarities now. Those bright blue eyes staring at me were the exact same as Jenny's, but everything else was different.

Jenny wasn't chubby and didn't have freckles on her cheek. She had flawless skin that even I was jealous of. She wasn't thin but had a good figure, and she would never wear her hair in piggy tails. So how come this younger version of her I was staring at was different from her.

"How did you get this?" I asked Alex, who was still grinning in excitement as her eyes twinkled in mischief.

"I always had it. Jenny and I went to the same elementary and middle school. Back then, she was a fat obnoxious spoiled little brat, and we gave her the name, 'Jenny Belly.'" She snickered, and we joined in.

"Man, she was so annoying back then, always wanting things to go her way. When I started high school here and saw how she changed, I was shocked. She wasn't fat anymore, but she still was annoying. She thought she could get back at me for calling her names back at middle school, but I used this to scare her." She gestured to the photo. "Worked like a charm. She would die the day this gets out." She added with a chortle.

No wonder Jenny never talked back at Alex, she was scared Alex would let the photo out. Looking at the photo, I could understand her dilemma.

Who would have thought the graceful model-like Jenny was once plump and gauche. I couldn't stop myself from giggling out loud.

"Wow, Alex. Never delete that," I said between laughter.

"I thought I already did, but I guess not."

"As much as this makes me very happy, I'm still hungry!" Jane exclaimed while glaring at us.

"Fine, let's go...jeez." Alex rolled her eyes before reaching for the bathroom door as we all shuffled out.

We were on our way to the cafeteria when I bumped into Trevor.

"Hey, beautiful." He unexpectedly hugged me before placing his arm around my shoulder. As always, he looked gorgeous with his thick mane of brown hair styled to make him look boyish and a confident smirk on his.

Ever since our break-up, we've stayed friends. Greeting each other in the hallway and sometimes seating together in class. But all this was much to Ryan's annoyance.

I don't get why he would think it okay for him to hang out with Jenny but wrong for me to see Trevor. I was trying to be patient with him, but he was making it really hard.