Chapter 19: Failed Disguise

I can do this. I can totally do this. Just walk into school, like it's any other day.

I was in my mum's car, and she was driving me to school today. She was still mad about the little stunt I pulled yesterday, so she made it her duty to make sure I made it to school, just so I wouldn't ditch again.

I had on a red floral dress today, just to look pretty like Alex had said. But I didn't use much makeup, just my pink lip gloss. And truthfully, it did make me feel a bit confident.

"Samantha? You can get down now." My mum said, while looking at me with raised eyebrows.

She had already parked her car by the roadside, and was waiting for me to hop out and walk into school.

I glanced at the entrance of the school, which was filled with kids either sitting down on the stairs, or walking past the double doors of the school building. Maybe Ryan had walked past those doors already. I heard a faint voice say in my head.

Ah, I can't do this. Reaching into my backpack, I brought out my hideous black hoodie, and hurriedly put it on. This way, no one would recognise me, especially Ryan. I even brought black sunglasses, to complete the look.

"Okay...is this the new style?" Mum asked, looking at my choice of dressing confused.

"Bye, mum." I sang, and hopped out the vehicle, but not before covering my face with my hood. I walked up the stairs and down the hallway, ignoring the weird looks I got.

Alex wasn't kidding when she said she had seen Ryan pacing in front of my locker yesterday. Because I could see him do that right now, while pulling at his hair, but he hadn't noticed me yet, and I wasn't planning for him to.

I turned the opposite direction,which was luckily where my class was, and went to sit at the extreme end, with my face down. This way, no one would bother me. I would almost be like some sort of spy, almos invisible.

Well, I thought I was invisible, until I heard someone sit at the chair directly in front of me.

"Sam?" I heard a deep voice ask and looked up, wondering who had seen past my disguise. "What're you wearing sunglasses in class?"

"Josh?" I asked surprised. He was one of Ryan's football team mate, and friend. I don't talk much with him, but we do greet eachother once a while. "How did you know it was me?" I scowled at hm.

"Because, you're the only person in the school, who has ever worn something as hideous as that." He replied, probably referring to the last time I wore this hoodie.

"Well if you could see through my disguise, I'm sure everyone else has too." I said while taking the hoodie off, and shoving it back into my backpack with the sunglasses.

"And why are you in a 'disguise'?" He asked, while cocking a perfect eyebrow. He was actually good looking, and right now, I could see some girls trying to get his attention, by lowering their top a little.

"Nothing." I muttered loud enough for him to hear, and shrugged.

"Okay...oh yeah, that reminds me, you weren't at school yesterday, right? Ryan was looking all over for you." He said explained and I almost chocked on my spit. "Is there something going on between you two?"

"What is this? An interview?" I quickly asked, not comfortable with all his questions.

"Woah, I was just asking." He said, with his hands raised up in a mock surrender.

The bell went off, and students started piling into the class as the teacher walked in also and started to teach Literature. 

****

By fourth period, I was feeling restless. Why? Because I had this period with Ryan. But luckily for me, the teacher was already inside when I got there, so no one could talk to anyone else without getting into trouble.

I saw Ryan sitting at the middle row and staring intently at me, but I avoided eye contact with him and went to sit at the front. This way, I could bolt out of the classroom after the period was over.

"Okay, let's begin with someone coming out to solve this equation." Mr Kent, our Maths teacher said, as he wrote down an equation on the board. And just like that, the class begun, with me sitting at the front row and feeling someone's pair of eyes bore holes into my back.

Immediately the class was over, I almost bolted of the class with my books in hand, but opted to walk fast instead, so as not to receive weird looks for running to the cafeteria.

And I would have made it too, until I heard Ryan call my name.

"Sam...Sam!" He kept calling and I could hear him trying to catch up with me, but I didn't stop and kept walking as fast as I could, ignoring the weird looks we were receiving.

"Sam!" He was closer now, and grabbed my arm. Guess I wasn't fast enough.

"Hey." He turned me around, with a surprised look on his face. oh God, not now. Please not now.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked, still holding my arm and sending tingles up them

"What? No. Of course not. I was just...so hungry, didn't want to miss lunch." I replied, not looking directly at him, but I could feel his eyes searching my face, and he probably didn't believe me.

"Can we talk...now?" He whispered, and I could see some students trying to easedrop. "Alone." He added, and I almost groan at the thought of being alone in a room with him. I might do something I would regret later.

"Uh..I don't know, I really don't want to miss my lunch." I replied, while looking at my shoes in sudden interest. They were my favourite white sandals, maybe I should stop using them and start wearing boots, like Alex adviced.

"Hey, look at me." He said, cupping my jaw so I could look at him. I imagined how we looked like right now, standing in the middle of the hallway, so close to eachother.

So I quickly nodded, to get out of the awkward position we were in, and he led me to an empty classroom.

He got in after me, before locking the door and turning towards me.

**************

Wanna way read ahead? Then head-over to inkitt.
Hope you all love the character. Till next time.

Sky💖

Xoxoxo