20

"I'm tired,", Khushi looked at the lamp in front of her, not wanting to turn around and face the brooding man behind her.

Everything was silent around them, within the four walls of their room. "I'm tired." Khushi repeated once more, a little louder than before. 

"I'm tired of feeling so much for you. I'm tired of having so many feelings for you, feeling like I'm going to burst any day. I've been suffocating myself with your memories for the past, god I don't even know how many years now. I've heard your apologies, I've heard your declaration of loving me, I've heard, seen, and felt your hatred. I've done it all. I'm tired, Arnav."

Arnav was speechless, what was he supposed to do in this type of situation.

"I understand Khushi. I know I've harmed you to such an extent that there is no repair. I know I loved you a little less than what I promised you, I know I've hurt you to an extent that no kind of apology will suffice.However..." Arnav was lost now. What was he supposed to promise her now, if his promises weren't of any value.

"Don't say no more, I don't need any justification from you. All I need from you is space. I need to stop thinking about you all the time. I need you to take a step back and let me be. Understood?" Khushi still hadn't turned around afraid of melting when she looked into his eyes. 

Arnav stepped back reluctantly. The Arnav Singh Raizada was left speechless once again, "I understand." Arnav took another step back, watching her at the same time, secretly hoping she would turn around and he can take one last glimpse at her, but she stood her ground. So he respected it. He turned around, taking one last glance of the girl he loved and ruined. He walked away.

Khushi finally turned around and released the long breath she had held unknowingly. She thought she would cry, but her eyes were dry. She didn't feel anything right now. She didn't know what she was doing was right or wrong. However, she knew if what they felt for her was actually real, then they'll meet again.

Khushi walked out of the room and headed downstairs where the rest of the family was sitting.

"Everyone, I'm a little tired so I'll be heading out to my apartment."

Suddenly, everyone started protesting.

Di looked at her, "Khushi that's not fair."

Nani faintly said, "Khushi bitiya you just came."

However, Khushi made up her mind. "I will meet you guys later, but I have to go."

So, Khushi walked away. She also walked away from the memories and the love she once had for this house. Yes, she had some wonderful memories here and some wonderful family, but for once Khushi wanted to start living without their burden. As she was walking out she felt lighter, her steps were more bouncy and Khushi felt happy for once. Happy for herself.

She turned around near the door step to take one last glance at the family she was about leave behind, the good and the bad memories. Last time she left like this, she left with grief and regrets. Last time she disappeared like this she left because of someone else. However, this time she left for herself. To keep her sanity and her spirit alive. She saw the same hazel orbs once again, meeting his eyes for what seemed forever, but she turned away first. It was time to move on. She stepped outside and the air seemed lighter and more "airy". 

She instantly took a cab home and nestled on her couch, meanwhile booking a flight back to where she came from. This was it. This was not what she had come for to India, but now she knew what she needed, it was closure and a clear image of what was going on and that's exactly what she got. She sat down and closed her eyes. He came to her mind again, but this time it wasn't love that she felt for him. This time it was just a good feeling that he felt for him. She hoped him the best and she hoped herself the best. She needed an escape from the shackles of relationships and family. 

Khushi looked at her phone and saw their childhood image one more time, before she deleted it permanently. The hazel orbs always entrapped her in a web, but not this time. She always loved him, she always adored him, she knew it was always going to be him. However, how can him and her get together when all she felt in the relationship was hatred, when he cheated on her, tried making her jealous with another girl, abusing her, distrusting her. This kind of relationship had more cons to it than pros. The hate outweighed the love. At a moment like this she knew she did right to walk out. She knew she was able to move on. If destiny had it then she would meet another "him", another person who she would be able to love and get that love back and she secretly hoped so would he. This was the right thing to do. 

She closed her eyes and laid down. This was the right thing to do, right? If him and her were meant to be then they would always find their back to each other. If him and her were meant to be. Him....

Hi everyone. It is a super late update, but I feel like I need to end this book because it was getting toxic for me and my characters. In a relationship like this, I don't think it was right to give them a happy ending. Instead, I think they should be able to move on, instead of being forced together. As a girl, I wouldn't be able to forgive someone who would act like the way my characters did in this short story. I know it's not something you guys expected, but let me know how you feel about this. Do you think it was right for Khushi to move on?